• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stab Vests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Could it be another just in case scenario? Would you want to be the first OC to tell someone there loved on had died because the policy was not to give a stab vest?

Not saying it's right, but if PPE is available then why not give it out?

Would you stop storemen having steel toecaps because nobody has dropped anything heavy this year?

If thats the case why not "issue" it to the genearal public if there is a need ?

Crack on................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
My take on it Chip, is that the RAFP wear vests because thats what CivPol do. So the RAFP copy. I seriously think that if life behind the wire and around the married patch (not deployed ops), is so bad that the local RAF plod has to wear stab vests, then the RAF has become even more of a sorry state of affairs than I thought.

I liken the issue to RAFP of stab vests whilst on duty at a UK base just as bizarrre as the duty SAC medic wearing a Paramedic style green jumpsuit.

If my posts appeared to be small minded and as a dig at the lads and lasses who do the job, then read my posts again without prejudice, as my intention was genuine.

The fact that you are snapping at this one like a hungry croc also suggests that there is no strong argument for the issue of stab vests for normal UK duties.

I've been out of the RAF for 7 years now Chip,

I will leave it there as far as your concerned mate :) Guess what the RAF's changed!

N

NotAnIDOYet

If thats the case why not "issue" it to the genearal public if there is a need ?

Crack on................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Sadly Tashy there are probably parts of the country where that is becoming a reality!

S

ScottishCop

Unfortunately, there have have been cases of attempted stabbings. I know of a collegue that was set upon with a knife but luckily he was wearing a vest and I know of 1 RAFP and RMP that were jumped by locals in Cyprus whilst on patrol and threatened with knives as well. And I have heard of the stabbings in Cosford as well.

And yes certain RAFP units do get called upon to assist Civ Pol in incidents.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Scottish

Dont waste your time mate they wont listen, they are either ****ed or have been out for years and havent seen the changes the RAFP has gone through, or the fact that the RAF of today recruits from the very Chav ridden gene pool that Civ Pol deal with on a daily basis.

Gillo

Banned

Gillo, The RAFP spends more than its fair share of time deployes so you can **** off with your comments about depriving it.

UOTE]

Touchy!!!! If you want me to have a go about RAFP on your precious dets doing VIP A/C guards, OP Plunder, traffic control etc etc bring it on. However, my point was how your trade sponsers manage to justify need for stab jackets in the benign evironment of MOBs etc. My only experaince of a deranged airman going off one with a knife resulted in MOD Police containing incident and calling in Old Bill to deal with problem in a professional manner.

Best you lot keep guarding on the main gate before handing over to MGDP on a cost saving basis

the lovetoad

Sergeant
Subscriber

Gillo, The RAFP spends more than its fair share of time deployes so you can **** off with your comments about depriving it.

UOTE]

Touchy!!!! If you want me to have a go about RAFP on your precious dets doing VIP A/C guards, OP Plunder, traffic control etc etc bring it on. However, my point was how your trade sponsers manage to justify need for stab jackets in the benign evironment of MOBs etc. My only experaince of a deranged airman going off one with a knife resulted in MOD Police containing incident and calling in Old Bill to deal with problem in a professional manner.

Best you lot keep guarding on the main gate before handing over to MGDP on a cost saving basis

Bit late for that. I can't remember the last time I saw an RAF copper on a main gate except in NI (even that has stopped now).

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Shows how much you know! We dont do gate guarding, and who the hell cares about your one experience? Do the job you will see it happens a lot more than your little view of the Air Force. End of the case was presented to open minded , level headed people and they ok'd it.

I am sure in your mind only your trade, whatever that may be, deserves equipment, protection etc, but guess what its not the only trade.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I saw one the other week...

Taking his turn like the rest of us I guess...I was a bit surprised mind..

P

POB

Gillo.

Want to slag the coppers? Great start a thread in Fight Club.

The RAFP have not been on the main gate for years, their role has changed. FFS, this the Police Forum, leave them alone or ask a sensible question!

Gillo

Banned
Shows how much you know! We dont do gate guarding, and who the hell cares about your one experience? Do the job you will see it happens a lot more than your little view of the Air Force. End of the case was presented to open minded , level headed people and they ok'd it.

I am sure in your mind only your trade, whatever that may be, deserves equipment, protection etc, but guess what its not the only trade.

More than open minded my friend that is why I can,t work out how Cosford for example has turned into the new Brixton. Oh and by the way loads of RAFP are on the gate at Ramstein or does that not count somehow.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Its a NATO post where we are part of the Nato International Military Police, so no it doesnt count. You cant work it out? Oh well. Have a read back through the thread then and see my comments on the gene pool we recruit from in the RAF today.

Shugster

Warrant Officer
Slightly Off Topic but not alot...

I did some work at the Kevlar production site at DuPont in Virginia a few years back.

I worked in the Stab / Bullet proof vest research dept.

(They have a little display case with the shanks that have been found in prisons)
:pDT_Xtremez_17:

They make bullet proof vests that stop a bullet BUT won't stop a knife, (Different weave pattern), and of course stab proof but not bullet proof.

They do make jackets for both, just don't think that because your vest is Bullet proof that it is also stab proof.
Off Topic

Gillo

Banned
Its a NATO post where we are part of the Nato International Military Police, so no it doesnt count. You cant work it out? Oh well. Have a read back through the thread then and see my comments on the gene pool we recruit from in the RAF today.

Well if its that bad I,d better get down to stores and order one myself as I,m not the sort to look the other way when an airman needs reminding about his dress etc.

Before you start snapping at my heals with personal insults, I never started a fight about your lot on det etc ( you brought that up). As I originally implied I just can,t see how the RAF patch has turned into some sort of inner city, drug dealing, yardie gang gheeto which needs policing in a manner that somehow justifies wasting money on stab jackets.

Perhaps a soft beret v steel helmets approach and re-educating the gene pool to appreciate that you are not the enemy. Or do you prefer it that way!!!!!

Last edited:

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
You obviously know best and I am sure we will take on board your advice based upon your experience. Thanks.

thread closed as initial question was answered and this has as usual turned into an " I know best about the coppers and they are my best friend thread"

Off to the fight club where I can ignore you.

Status
Not open for further replies.