• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stab Vests

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScottishCop

Just out of interest, is there many units out there with Stab vests?
And do personnel wear them all the time?

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
I think the majority have them now mate and if its anything like my Last unit Cosford, you are ordered to wear them at work. Its the Health & Safety crazy world we live in now, Although there were times at Cosford I thanked my stars I had mine.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think the majority have them now mate and if its anything like my Last unit Cosford, you are ordered to wear them at work. Its the Health & Safety crazy world we live in now, Although there were times at Cosford I thanked my stars I had mine.

Are you suggesting that some trainees at tossford carry blades chip?

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
The incidents I referred to were not trainees, although trainees are known to own knives none have been caught carrying them yet, as far as I know.

S

scaleywife

Back to my tin foil hat for a mo......

What a strange question....?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The incidents I referred to were not trainees, although trainees are known to own knives none have been caught carrying them yet, as far as I know.

I personally own lots of knives but I don't go round sticking them in people. I hope that the knife culture hasn't progressed to behind the wire as well.

As far as stab vests go, do the SGF get them issued as well? If not, why not?

TW

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Mainly because they are armed and also are not the first response to Domestics, fights etc.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mainly because they are armed and also are not the first response to Domestics, fights etc.

I've been out of the RAF for 7 years now Chip, but as "Duty NCO" I often had to attend to fights when called out of the guardroom by the Police flight.

Has the duty changed now and if not, do the incumbents of "Duty whatever" get stab vests?

TW

Gillo

Banned
I've been out of the RAF for 7 years now Chip, but as "Duty NCO" I often had to attend to fights when called out of the guardroom by the Police flight.

Has the duty changed now and if not, do the incumbents of "Duty whatever" get stab vests?

TW

Bloody ell what Airforce am I in that needs its Coopers wearing STAB vests to sort out handbag sessions in the NAAFI/MQs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Blaming it on Health and Safety is just wrong; wake up, any money spent on this nonsense is depriving the front line.

Last edited:
A

Albert Park

How many attempted stabbings of RAFP has there been to warrant the issuing of stab vests?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
How many attempted stabbings of RAFP has there been to warrant the issuing of stab vests?

What are the Stats for stabbings / attempted stabbings accross the whole RAF?

(Bearing in mind that most stabbings are in the back by some jacked up to$$er)

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Surely you mean "some other copper"...........

Crack on.....................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

No, Tashy, not the plod, I was just referring the to$$er who wrote my 1st RO in 1999.

Nowt against coppers, it's just this stab vest policy that I find bemusing.

TW

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
No, Tashy, not the plod, I was just referring the to$$er who wrote my 1st RO in 1999.

Nowt against coppers, it's just this stab vest policy that I find bemusing.

TW

Oh well I have heard diffferently ....apparently it's all in the trade training.......stabbing in the back....some take it too literally...

Crack on.......................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Fellas I dont know the stats, I am sure the people who ok'd the spending does, I know I have had to deal with several incidents relating to blades and bladed implements and to be honest am sick of trying to justify things to people who dont give a toss about the lads doing the job and would rather just stick to their small minded policy of thinking the worst of the RAFP.

Gillo, The RAFP spends more than its fair share of time deployes so you can **** off with your comments about depriving it.

TM you can go take a long walk off a short pier, Shouldnt you be off in another thread telling everyone how great civvie life is?

And yes I have had a bad day so you can all ram it!

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I do believe that RAFP can be called upon to assist civpol in extremis, around a base area.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
TM you can go take a long walk off a short pier, Shouldnt you be off in another thread telling everyone how great civvie life is?

Apparently I'm not allowed to talk about anything controversial (like sh1t mods) as it's all getting deleted.

Crack on...................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellas I dont know the stats, I am sure the people who ok'd the spending does, I know I have had to deal with several incidents relating to blades and bladed implements and to be honest am sick of trying to justify things to people who dont give a toss about the lads doing the job and would rather just stick to their small minded policy of thinking the worst of the RAFP.

My take on it Chip, is that the RAFP wear vests because thats what CivPol do. So the RAFP copy. I seriously think that if life behind the wire and around the married patch (not deployed ops), is so bad that the local RAF plod has to wear stab vests, then the RAF has become even more of a sorry state of affairs than I thought.

I liken the issue to RAFP of stab vests whilst on duty at a UK base just as bizarrre as the duty SAC medic wearing a Paramedic style green jumpsuit.

If my posts appeared to be small minded and as a dig at the lads and lasses who do the job, then read my posts again without prejudice, as my intention was genuine.

The fact that you are snapping at this one like a hungry croc also suggests that there is no strong argument for the issue of stab vests for normal UK duties.

N

NotAnIDOYet

Could it be another just in case scenario? Would you want to be the first OC to tell someone there loved on had died because the policy was not to give a stab vest?

Not saying it's right, but if PPE is available then why not give it out?

Would you stop storemen having steel toecaps because nobody has dropped anything heavy this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.