• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Someone's getting Slabbed !

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Looks like he's one of those youngsters brought out of the flooded cave in Thailand, put in a Fg Off outfit and asked to smile for the camera.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Well, f**k-a-doodle-doo. I’ve got socks older than that gurning wee ****e. I’m still confused by this whole ‘pride’ thing. Is there a ‘Hetero Pride day’ coming up any time soon? I’m not sure what exactly it is that’s being celebrated or indeed why it needs such an event.

I know, I’m old fashioned etc etc but this crap really is a waste of people’s time.

Kenbophaw

LAC
Personally I think it's wrong. All for marching at Pride or any other parades which support inclusion etc. However when you're in uniform, and in the public eye, you should act in a manner that's befitting the service! Now I am off to watch Love Island!

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Sorry Ninja but you're not allowed to have a hetero-day, as that would be seen as offensive to the LGBTQ(feel free to add more letters, I forget the rest of them) community, and you would be branded some sort of bigot or something. These days, if you're not what genetics would consider the 'norm' - i.e. a man or woman, content with your own gender / organs and attracted to the opposite sex - then you apparently have to have parades and legislation and all sorts of other special things to show that you're just the same as everyone else...even though you're blatantly not because you have to have parades etc to highlight the fact....

If there were true equality and diversity, there'd be no parades or 'days' for anyone - LGBT, women, people of different skin colours, religions, nothing. But there isn't. Now we've gone the other way round.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
And you're right Kenbophaw - if it was an SAC he'd have been roasted for bringing the RAF into disrepute, but because it's a Rupert on a special parade, he'll probably get away with it.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
because it's a Rupert on a special parade, he'll probably get away with it.

Actually, because he's gay he'll get away with it. It's the new untouchable species, dahling.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
You'll never see a gay man with bad teeth or poorly coordinated soft-furnishings.

rocket scientist

Sergeant
When this whole pride thing started kicking off and personnel started getting permission to attend, I asked if I could go as well.

My boss told me I couldn't go as I wasn't gay so I replied with "1 - how do you know?" and "2 - does that mean I'm being excluded from representing the RAF because of my sexuality?".

He just walked off but I guess it might be because of the way I pursed my lips when I delivered my first comment.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I do remember the fracas of a few years ago, whereupon the wrath of Cain descended upon us form the 1* headed behemoth, fire breathing MOD LGBT department responsible for delivering......well something I suppose.

These days we are likewise obliged to write these into our objectives. Diversity is, believe it or not, specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time bounded.

I'm waiting for the exam, but in the meantime, you can be 100% assured that someone in the department for diverse people is reading everything we write.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
When this whole pride thing started kicking off and personnel started getting permission to attend, I asked if I could go as well.

My boss told me I couldn't go as I wasn't gay so I replied with "1 - how do you know?" and "2 - does that mean I'm being excluded from representing the RAF because of my sexuality?".

He just walked off but I guess it might be because of the way I pursed my lips when I delivered my first comment.
hes the one who needs diversity lessons by saying you're not gay. Because you didn't fit his stereotypical view of a gay then you couldn't be one. You want to keep your sexuality to yourself ;-)

Seriously why should people feel the need to ram their sexuality down people's throats.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
hes the one who needs diversity lessons by saying you're not gay. Because you didn't fit his stereotypical view of a gay then you couldn't be one. You want to keep your sexuality to yourself ;-)

Seriously why should people feel the need to ram their sexuality down people's throats.

Completely agree - being gay or straight should have no bearing whatsoever on an individuals ability to do their particular job.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Either not enough, or you're just not very good at it? You should try replacing your objectives with 6 numbers between 1 and 50....

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
Thankfully most of the posters on this thread, one assumes anyway, are no longer in the RAF as they are clearly out of date with theier mandatory Diversity and Inclusion training.