• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Social visits- Sgts Mess

I tried to book a room in the mess for 1 night as I needed to stay over for a leaving do. I was told that I could only get a room if it was for service not social business. Mess funtions at Coningsby must be sparce if this is the case.
Only 16 months to go, TF.

TP

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Try ringing the Accom cell at Conz, they have a all ranks transit SLAM block. Which is never full.

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
I tried to book a room in the mess for 1 night as I needed to stay over for a leaving do. I was told that I could only get a room if it was for service not social business. Mess funtions at Coningsby must be sparce if this is the case.

TP

WTF so much for getting accom anywhere eh? Whats the point of being a member.............

B

billy bollox

TP

TP...I have asked accomodation cell (behind JR's) for rooms when mess is full and they're good at sorting. Does mean a toss up sometimes between SLAM or Transit but if its for a social drinkies, who's bothered!! Remember a sleeping bag tho!!!

The Mess is sorting 40 rooms for summer do but for other functs it is shambolic!! I live 35mins away so taxi out of the question. Seems to me that unless you live in the village or in Q's, yer bolloxed for functions....Lossie was great, pity I was posted!!

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Is this yet another erosion of service life? At ISK a Chief leaving the mob after 20 odd years can't even get a top table. What is going on?

Swingwinger

Sergeant
Just come back from Coningsby on det. No accom in the mess for that. All SNCO's had rooms in the SLAM block. In my opinion better than being in the mess anyway. Just a 5 min walk for meals. No real problem.

I managed to get a room via the accomodation cell. Scabby old room but was ok as it was just a place to get my head down after a leaving do. The rank of Sgt has been so degraded you might as well live like a Junior rank as well as being treated like one.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Know our mess who will give you a room for a 'social' however, they will charge you £40 - £50 per night for it :0

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Maybe for the summer ball or a recognised function :pDT_Xtremez_15:

It was after a NLS beer call at the Hilton, not the summer ball or anything, about 4 of us booked a room, this would have been last March/April.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It was after a NLS beer call at the Hilton, not the summer ball or anything, about 4 of us booked a room, this would have been last March/April.

You must be 'friends' with the mess manager then.. :pDT_Xtremez_27:

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
You must be 'friends' with the mess manager then.. :pDT_Xtremez_27:

Fraid not, don't think I've ever met him, only stayed there a few times in the last few years, saves the taxi fare home :pDT_Xtremez_15:

MingMong

Warrant Officer
When I was at Kinloss, I regularly used to book a room in the mess after do's in the Hilton, and as Spanners said, it was always about a fiver a night. Much cheaper and easier than a taxi home to Forres.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
St. Mawgan's really expensive too. About 30p a night!

To be fair I think thats about right...Talk about taking a once great mess and giving it a damn good ignoring for the past 10 years...Also what happened to all the maritime stuff off the walls...Its bare in there?