• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SNCO Mess Dress

I

Inch High PI

Hi all, now I have been lucky enough to be promoted into the old folks home I am on the look out for mess dress. Where is the best place to buy it from?

Cheers

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Watch on ebay thats where I got mine and its fine!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Me too. Get one about your size only slightly bigger, mine cost 70 quid (worn twice) but about 50 to get tailored :pDT_Xtremez_42:. Better than about 350 spankers new. You'll probably only wear it about once or twice a year if you're lucky! (Unless you are a saddo like ILLBW (who will obviously attend every mess function in the look out for mates)) :pDT_Xtremez_17: . Oh and well done on your promo.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Hi all, now I have been lucky enough to be promoted into the old folks home I am on the look out for mess dress. Where is the best place to buy it from?

Cheers

Well you could be a real pikey and do what someone did up here...ask on your local "Freecycle" if anyone had one going !!

Crack on...................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

I

Inch High PI

Well, being a jock I think second hand is the way ahead, however I am a shortar$e.

N

NotAnIDOYet

Camps with big messes normally have some for sale, failing that give ACS at Halton a ring, they normally have a good selection.

Mine, second hand from a WO at High Wycombe that took his commission, 60 English pounds and might as well have been made for me!

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Congrats on your promotion fella.

Go and see your Station Tailor, they usually have a few for sale.

D

dodgysootie

What size you after, you can have mine as I wont be needing it for much longer.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If you are in RAF Lincolnshire Inch High then you could go the whole 9 yards and pop down to the tailors at Cranwell for the full ish...Made to measure, ranks tab and owt else, funny looking dress shirt, cumberbund and maybe even the fruit bat for your neck and they used to do a pretty good deal...and you could pay it in instalments interest free if you liked...

There were two on camp next door to each other on 'der East side' so you could stick your head in one and see what they offered then nip next door and play them off each other...

I

Inch High PI

Thanks for the response folks, I am on a course down south at the moment but will be back up in Lincoln area in about 4 weeks. I am about 5ft6, so I am definately a short ass. Looking forward to my first mess bash though.

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
RAF Intranet Sales and Wants is also a good place I sold my old SNECs mess dress on there in about 2 days. If you are fortunate to get posted out to Cyprus. Then mine was £150 to buy tailored.