• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Skeggy

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mrs TB has suggested a week in skeggy in a chalet, cottage or static carvan park type thing. Self catering and all that good stuff so no hotels. There will be Mrs TB, myself and the two little tin bashers (4 and 6). Any suggestions for a good place to stay around skeggy for the last week in August??

Soupdragon

Piermaster
I know this might sound a bit naff.. but have you considered Butlins?

I know it used to be the old 'Hi De Hi' routine but they've changed their image now, they finally hauled onboard that people didn't want regimented holidays anymore.. even as far as having self catering, updated the accommodation + the usual entertainment

I'm from Lincolnshire originally and i remember back in the late 60's - early 70's the Butlitz at Skeggy had the reputation of being a right knocking shop (allegedly), that changed as well

anyone been to a Butlins recently?

(awaits incoming)

G

gemarriott

If you come to Butlins the first weekend in October you'll be able to watch the plumbers play:pDT_Xtremez_17:

Check out Chapel st Leanards and Ingoldmills for good static caravan parks,

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
I take my kids to Skeggy Butlins every year, they love it. And if youdon't want to actually stay on the resort, it's most likely fully booked for end of August anyway, it's easy enough to buy a family day ticket, and still have access to all areas apart from the beach (I think).

They have a ruddy great big pavillion now, can be seen for about 7 miles away, it is huge and lots of entertainment in there at all times of day, so it's good even if the weather is isn't. Kids got to meet Titan last year, that huge dancing robot off the car adverts, he's cool and very big, oh and Bob the builder and his gang

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
TB: have you and the missus changed your mind about skeggie, if not have you seen the news about the fire and will it make you change your mind about going?

D

DrunkenMonki

Isn't skeg vegas a biker haven? Knew they were upto no good!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You get a service discount at Butlins Skegness...even on a day pass.

We drove over to Sutton on Sea which is a couple of miles South of Mablethorpe...Nice little resort with beach and a paddling pool just off the beach with fountains and what not...Just seemed less unspoilt by arcades and ruffians than the bigger resorts...

A

Albert Park

We drove over to Sutton on Sea which is a couple of miles South of Mablethorpe...Nice little resort with beach and a paddling pool just off the beach with fountains and what not...Just seemed less unspoilt by arcades and ruffians than the bigger resorts...

Ha. Ruffians. What a top word. You could have chosen Chavs, scum or even dregs from a huge list of names for undesirables.

I live about 15 miles south of Smegness (off the A52) and regularly see the Ruffian pilgrimage to the 'Big Smeg'.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
TB: have you and the missus changed your mind about skeggie, if not have you seen the news about the fire and will it make you change your mind about going?

Yes I did see the news so Mrs TB is replanning the exped now it's Mablethorpe or Inglewhatsit or camping in the back garden of a mates house in Cons quarters:pDT_Xtremez_42: :pDT_Xtremez_42: . The female brain it's wired up different!!!!!!!!!

P

pie sandwich

I can recommend a good campsite in dorset, it's about half a mile away from a cider museum and a short drive from a tank museum if your interested and for one tent plus car is about 12 quid per night

G

gemarriott

Anderby creek is another quiet little resort if the weather is good and you just want to doss about on the beach eating ice cream and watching the kids splash about in the sea. Clean beach and hardly any turds in the sea.

A

Albert Park

Marvel at 'Smeggy Skeggy' from the comfort of your own home.

Web cam

Last edited:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thanks one and all for the inputs but Mrs TB has now booked us in at a site in Mablethorpe for a week. So no camping in gardens which is good.

Mablethorpe Huuuummmmmmmmmm???

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Thanks one and all for the inputs but Mrs TB has now booked us in at a site in Mablethorpe for a week. So no camping in gardens which is good.

Mablethorpe Huuuummmmmmmmmm???

TBH I prefer Mablethorpe to Skeg. It has all the same attractions (plus a few extras since the fire) but is a lot easier on the wallet.

A

Albert Park

TBH I prefer Mablethorpe to Skeg. It has all the same attractions (plus a few extras since the fire) but is a lot easier on the wallet.
Attractions? Name them (apart from the southbound A52 and Smeg Vegas has a Morrisons).

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I got dragged to Mablethorpe every year by my parents as a youngster, we hope to be talking to each other again soon.

I'll be choosing their care homes soon, get my own back.

G

gemarriott

PSI at Conz used to have 2 caravans on Golden Sands at Mablethorpe. No lecky, no bog, no runnining water but cheap as fook.

Great holidays for 3 years, the kids loved the place.