• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SJAR - Personal Development Comments.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Shamelessly lifted from JSP 757 (for 'officer' read 'officer or airman'):

The vast majority of people will not require a 3RO. I mean how can you assess a Cpl as high or exceptional for promotion to Chf Tech/FS?

TBJ isn't the SJAR assessing potential? Surely even as a Corporal your management should be able to see some potential in you to go all the way - or have I got this wrong?:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Last edited:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
TBJ isn't the SJAR assessing potential? Surely even as a Corporal your management should be able to see some potential in you to go all the way - or have I got this wrong?:pDT_Xtremez_31:

I'm going to give this a serious answer whether you want it or not. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Take, for example, Cpl Smith. An absolutely outstanding NCO he has performed head and shoulders above his peers consistently throughout the reporting period. His 1RO assesses that he is suitable for promotion to Sgt now and awards an 'exceptional' prom rec.

The 2RO agrees with the 1RO's prom rec and then gives consideration to Cpl Smith's potential as a Chf Tech. He may consider that Cpl Smith has the potential to end his career as a crusty old Sqn WO but in reality he would have to gain some experience as a sgt before proving that potential. The default recommendation at this stage would have to be 'Developing' or 'Yes'.