• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SJAR 1st and 2nd Reporting Officer

Sorry to intrude on the shiney forum, but I have a question that I'm sure one of you will know the answer to. Before anyone suggests it, I would look it up myself, but at my current location I have severely limited access to DII/ JSPs.

Can an acting Chf Tech be the 1RO to Sgts and 2RO to Cpls?

Thanks in advance.

Not a shiny but I seriously doubt it. The end of the day an acting chief is the same substantive rank as a sgt. A little unprofessional not to mention fair if you have the same rank reporting on you IMHO. That said pretty sure some civvy company's do it. However it shouldn't happen with our lot!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Not as far as I'm aware. I can't see how an A/CT could RO what is effectively his own rank?

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I've seen NSARs written by A/CT for a Sgt. If it is allowed it shouldn't be in my opinion.

Keyser Söze

Corporal
I have known it to happen, (2000) but it should nt!!! An obvious reason is the A/CT and the Sgt are both vying for the same promotion slots on the same promotion board, therefore if so minded, the A/CT could potentially manipulate things to their own advantage.