• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simon Weston Knighthood Petition

8:15fromOdium

Sergeant
Following the Simon Weston 'People's Portrait' programme one of the guys on PPRUNE has raised a petition to have Simon Weston made a Knight.

The link to the petition is here if you want to support it.

4everAD

Sergeant
From what I've seen and read about him over the years I'm surprised this hasn't happened already, an inspirational individual who has had to deal with life changing events fully in the public eye. By no means perfect (which actually helps him to strike a chord with most people) he must be more deserving then half the wasters who normally get knighted.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Political weight. Like most of us, he doesn't appear to offer allegiance to any side. No market value.

6A1

SAC
Done. Considering some of the time servers and plonkers who do get this honour, he is one of the most deserving. The pilchards who asked to be moved in one of the above posts deserve to be sent somewhere nasty and hopefully got their just deserts !

G

Gord

Done and dusted, for whatever it's worth coming from a colonial.:biggrin:

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Off to do it....

I'm old enough to remember the documentaries about him (Simon's War?) that were on TV around '83 and showed him and his treatment from the very early days. He started out a bit ungrateful and unlikeable but has really come good under circumstances that could easily have turned anyone into a self-pitying wreck. I call him inspirational and a contrast with some of the oxygen thieving gits who are always on the sick!