• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sgt Steve Hulsmeier

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The tributes on social media make it clear that we've lost a really well respected and much loved member of the RAF family.

Blue Skies Hulzi.
😓

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm told Steve's funeral will be held at Telford Crematorium on Thursday the 2 September at 11.00

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just returned from Hulzi’s send off. I struggle to describe any funerals as good but they can be done properly and this was a proper send off. From the single bugler playing the last post (Great job MB) to the precision and professionalism of the RAF funeral party, the slick organising of the crematorium staff it was all done right and proper. Sadly, as the years pass, I visit the crem more and more often but in all my visits never have I seen so many people in attendance as today. This may account for, what I believe to be, the air conditioning playing up as there was a small amount of grit in the air towards the end. The padre spoke well and the family’s choice of music was spot on. A sad day but a proper send off for a properly nice bloke.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Just returned from Hulzi’s send off. I struggle to describe any funerals as good but they can be done properly and this was a proper send off. From the single bugler playing the last post (Great job MB) to the precision and professionalism of the RAF funeral party, the slick organising of the crematorium staff it was all done right and proper. Sadly, as the years pass, I visit the crem more and more often but in all my visits never have I seen so many people in attendance as today. This may account for, what I believe to be, the air conditioning playing up as there was a small amount of grit in the air towards the end. The padre spoke well and the family’s choice of music was spot on. A sad day but a proper send off for a properly nice bloke.
A couple of my guys were in attendance. Great to hear Hulzi had a great send off.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Thanks for the write up Tin. I worked on the same shift as Steve on 6 Sqn from 2003 to his promotion in 2007. He was a top bloke all round. I last saw him at the Cosford airshow in 2013. We were in contact via facebook and did occasionally chat about the old matter online. I had seen a post on FB that he was oh holiday in the area the day before his death. I knew one of the other families on holiday with Steve's. I did shed a tear when I heared. News came out the same day as another ex 6 Sqn guy passed away way before his time.