• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sgt Ian Murray

SUD5Y

LAC
Hi all

left the service 2012 and have heard that Ian Murray has passed away can anyone confirm or deny this please.?

FairyNuff

LAC
Hi all

left the service 2012 and have heard that Ian Murray has passed away can anyone confirm or deny this please.?

I'm trying to find out.... I left Cosford 2009 and Ian was still there then... are you syaing he left in 2012 or you did? in which case do you know if he was / is still serving?

Which one?

Which one?

I know 2 Ian Murray's. The one in the trade you are talking about recently did tours in Cyprus and Brampton - got his 3rd about 3/4 years ago? Is that him? Hoping not, although that doesn't mean I hope it is the other one..........

SUD5Y

LAC
In reply I left in 2012 as did Ian I know he stayed in his MQ for a while after that in donnington. I worked with him in course design right up until I left.
eventually he moved on and I thought he went back to Liverpool, dont think he did Cyprus or Brampton and got his third long before that.

Different

Different

Don't think it is the same one then. As it was in the 'Cosford' thread I thought he might be a TG3 (now 4) guy I knew........... looks like a different one - cheers for replying

FairyNuff

LAC
Regrettably, I can confirm that Sgt Ian Murray, (AV) ex 150 Apprentice Entry, passed away on 31 May 13.... Rest in Peace:pDT_Xtremez_38:

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Regrettably, I can confirm that Sgt Ian Murray, (AV) ex 150 Apprentice Entry, passed away on 31 May 13.... Rest in Peace:pDT_Xtremez_38:

Sad to hear of Ian's passing.....Thoughts are with all RIP mate.

The thing is I'm not sure if its the Ian Murray I know, tall, slim,blondish, round glasses, tabber if I recall, worked in LTF or Mech TS around 01 till when I left in 07 ( I realise he was a fairy but his name rings a bell)?

Mr SCJ

Last edited:

gamecock

LAC
RIP mate. I worked with Ian on LTF for a couple of years (2002-2004ish). Good bloke and an excellent instructor.

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Sad to hear of Ian's passing.....Thoughts are with all RIP mate.

The thing is I'm not sure if its the Ian Murray I know, tall, slim,blondish, round glasses, tabber if I recall, worked in LTF or Mech TS around 01 till when I left in 07 ( I realise he was a fairy but his name rings a bell)?

Mr SCJ

CJ: I have just seen your post; yes unfortunately it was the Ian Murray that worked initially as an Avionic Instructor then a course designer at Cosford that passed away on 31 May 13. I knew Ian for the last 4 years he was at Cosford and he was a good bloke. May he rest in peace.

KOS

LAC
Sorry to hear this sad news, I worked with him at Coningsby and spent 3 months on the pi*s with him on a Q course at Scampton - Top Bloke RIP Mate

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Is this the same Sgt Ian Murray who did a stint on 33Sqn Puma's, around 1999 - 2001?