• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Serious Question....

C

Comms or Death

Is there anybody who works in allowances, that can explain what a singley is entitled too when he or she is posted.... I've check several website to find out what I'm actually entitled too... but with anything in the shinny world .. unless you know a person who has done the job... its all hidden in the relevant AP's....

any Help would be appreciated.... :D :D :D :D

S

Shiney

I dont know where you work mate, but the first port of call should be your admin office.

Depending on where you live, Block/private/renting can affect your entitlement.

Look at RAFCOM website on the www, its actually very good. Try a google and look there under allowances. Its a good start.

If you have no Sqn admin go into PSF and ask.

Last edited:

tag_lincoln

Corporal
if uve got access to the intranet u can look under publications to 3392. if u ahve your own house ull get almost as much (well ish) as a scaley. if u live in, ull get at least 17771 and maybe some disturbance. go and chat to ure allowances clks, seriously, some of them can be helpful

T

Twonston Pickle

Tag Lincoln,

Please avoid text speak; it's a personal hate of mine. That aside, good point raised - if in doubt, ask the professionals!

B

Beerofund

Service writing

Service writing

Twonston Pickle said:
Tag Lincoln,

Please avoid text speak; it's a personal hate of mine. That aside, good point raised - if in doubt, ask the professionals!

TP

Steady on! This is a message board after all and not a vehicle to prove who has done a service writing course!
:p

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
...but it does show what you do all day long!

...and is inherrently detrimental to ones ability for adapting communicative differentials with all forms and levels of communication systems available to service personnel.

Okay? Nuff sed!

T

Twonston Pickle

Point taken :eek: but with the number of comments on the site about the standard (or lack of) of today's Yoof, I find it a little suprising and annoying that we are all starting to sink to that level. "U Need 2 Know" is a prime example. Time fro a new thread methinks!

A

Almost_done

Damn I'm about to agree with a shiny here,

Stop the freaking text language, bah a sign I'm getting old :(

The standard of English (Scottish etc) is starting to impact on the wording on F707Bs that some of the more creative spellers in the juniors. Yes whoever thought that by dumbing down the title of ‘U need 2 Know’ really went for the lowest form of communication, however they probably got a promotion for it. In a Force that is meant to exemplify it’s self on reaching the stars, we should be looking to be rising above the rest in our 3R’s.

Isn't the RAF meant to be the intelligent Service or wot!!

T

Twonston Pickle

Almost_Done,

I'm an ex-plumber if that makes you feel any better :p

B

Beerofund

Sing song everybody!

Sing song everybody!

Twonston Pickle said:
Almost_Done,

'A!'....Im an arm............ ;)

FootTapper

Sergeant
Twonston Pickle said:
Almost_Done,

I have always believed there's two types of people in this world: Plumbers, and non-plumbers. No such thing as an Ex-Plumber, like the best kind of VDs it's something that stays with you for life.

But then maybe i'm just holding on too tight...

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
FootTapper said:
I have always believed there's two types of people in this world: Plumbers, and non-plumbers. No such thing as an Ex-Plumber, like the best kind of VDs it's something that stays with you for life.

But then maybe i'm just holding on too tight...

No your right, once a plumber always a plumber. There is no in between.

FootTapper

Sergeant
having said that there is a loadie who flies on very big grey aircraft from oxfordshire, and he is definitely an Ex-armourer - given his miserable attitude towards the rest of us...

(mind you there's two others on the same Sqn who are clearly still bomb-heads at heart :D)

FootTapper

Sergeant
Just want to apologise for the shameless thread hijack

But i have to say i'm dying to know what singley disturbance allowance is...

is this something purely for people who live out?

tag_lincoln

Corporal
short answer is yes

short answer is yes

u need 2 live out and be moving in2 another private house (rented or owned) within 6 months of posting in. Enjoy the txt speak, dont u h8 it.