• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SDSR and Rank

The Logitician

Corporal
DIN-187 states that

COPY AND PASTE FROM INTRANET REMOVED

So here is my question, if i was selected for redundancy i understand i will atleast get my 1.5 months pay at Cpl level for each year left/served which ever is less, but will i also, as there may be no reason why i would pass TMT JMLC and that its not my fault i have had to wait ages for promotion courses and have been signed onto 22yr, maybe entitled to other payouts i.e gratuity, pension???? Or am i just living in a dream world here, hoping for the best??

Maybe i shall pop by Chf clk today.

Last edited by a moderator:

chappy90

LAC
The way I understand it is, you will only receive an Immediate Pension and Gratuity if you have completed 18 years service.

The Logitician

Corporal
Totally understand about the IP after 18yrs service. However people who have singed onto to 22yrs but are not at their 18yr point will get thier Pension at what would of been their 22yr point.

What i was wondering is that i have been promoted last year, due to location i am waiting to wear the rank and courses, through no fault of my own. There is no reason why i would not of got signed on (should i get redundancy).

I know i will be paid as a CPL even though i am currently an SAC, but do i attract what someone who has signed onto 22yrs but have yet to complete 18yrs in rank get?

:pDT_Xtremez_35:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Totally understand about the IP after 18yrs service. However people who have singed onto to 22yrs but are not at their 18yr point will get thier Pension at what would of been their 22yr point.

What i was wondering is that i have been promoted last year, due to location i am waiting to wear the rank and courses, through no fault of my own. There is no reason why i would not of got signed on (should i get redundancy).

I know i will be paid as a CPL even though i am currently an SAC, but do i attract what someone who has signed onto 22yrs but have yet to complete 18yrs in rank get?

Most importantly, your current substansive rank is that of SAC and you are not signed on to 22 years. Regardless of whether you're waiting, you are currently an SAC. I take it you're on a 9, 12 or 15 year engagement?

If you have not completed 18 years you will receive 1.5 months pay for either each year served or each year left, whichever amount is the smallest.

If you get promoted it better be soon so you can do your courses and get the 22 year offer before the redundancies come out. Then you would fall into the 9 month pay bracket and pension.

Good luck!!

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts

I read that as you wouldn't get a pension until your preserved pension point, which is at 60 I think.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
So would you get your 12 year gratuity as well if you've done more than your 12 years? (currently about 10k I believe)

Most importantly, your current substansive rank is that of SAC and you are not signed on to 22 years. Regardless of whether you're waiting, you are currently an SAC. I take it you're on a 9, 12 or 15 year engagement?

If you have not completed 18 years you will receive 1.5 months pay for either each year served or each year left, whichever amount is the smallest.

If you get promoted it better be soon so you can do your courses and get the 22 year offer before the redundancies come out. Then you would fall into the 9 month pay bracket and pension.

Good luck!!

9 months pay is only if you qualify for Immediate pension, if you have not reached the 18 year point but are signed on to 22 then its 1.5 months pay per year completed.

The Logitician

Corporal
And no pension until 60.

Still get a pension which will be good. Would you still get gratuity lump sum???

Well, got my TMT later this year, just waiting on JMLC and hope i get it all done and signed on before they announce Tranche 2, (hopefully there ill be plenty of volunteers for tranche 1!) but thats hoping!
:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Still get a pension which will be good. Would you still get gratuity lump sum???

Well, got my TMT later this year, just waiting on JMLC and hope i get it all done and signed on before they announce Tranche 2, (hopefully there ill be plenty of volunteers for tranche 1!) but thats hoping!
:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Feck me, you don't want much do you?:pDT_Xtremez_14:

I thought that there is no gratuity if you are on a preserved pension which kicks at 60? only immediate pensions starting after 22, LOS 30 (and inbetween) or 37 years.

Woodja

Corporal
If you don't qualify for an Immediate Pension, then you get a Resetlement Grant - use the pension calculator to work out how much it will be for you.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Mine works out at 74k redundendy without IP and:

Preserved Pension at 60 4467
Terminal Grant at 60 13401
Pension or Revision at 65 7471
Terminal Grant at 65 9012
Resettlement Grant 10038

Read my post again.

Yes I have and did a couple of times before posting too.

"If you have not completed 18 years you will receive 1.5 months pay for either each year served or each year left, whichever amount is the smallest."

Wrong, read the DIN. That line is only correct if you are not signed on to 22 so 18 years doesn't come into it as he's on a 9,12 or 15 year engagement.( most likely)

Now onto the 9 month pay bit, hes only just promoted and therefore more than likely not at his 18 year point nor anywhere near it, so wouldn't fall into the 9 month pay bracket. He would fall into the 1.5 months pay per year completed bracket.