• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saluting The Queen

Why do some officers think you are saluting them when you salute them. Every officer needs to get it into their heads that when a person salutes you they are saluting the Queen NOT YOU. Stop thinking you are all high and mighty with your stripes on your shoulder. Yes you hold a commission but you do so for the Queen. Any order you give is on behalf of the Queen. Any salute you are given is on behalf of the Queen. Any duty you undertake as an officer is on behalf of the Queen. There are far too many officers that think high and mighty of themselves :)

Last edited:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
That's simply not true. People salute me because I am better than them and they know it.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I have officers call me Sir or Mr as I outrank them.. and I can walk on the grass.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Even though I get to work in shorts and trainers when it's hot and jeans and t shirt when I feel like it, apparently my civil service grade is officer status. But nobody would ever call me sir as I just couldn't be so far up myself.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Why do some officers think you are saluting them when you salute them. Every officer needs to get it into their heads that when a person salutes you they are saluting the Queen NOT YOU. Stop thinking you are all high and mighty with your stripes on your shoulder. Yes you hold a commission but you do so for the Queen. Any order you give is on behalf of the Queen. Any salute you are given is on behalf of the Queen. Any duty you undertake as an officer is on behalf of the Queen. There are far too many officers that think high and mighty of themselves :)

You have anger issues. Seek help.

UlsterExile

Sergeant

FFS what are you eating, need to have a word with your dietician. You're way too angry.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I thought I was saluting to demonstrate I had washed at least one of my hands?

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
I feel OP is a bee in the bottle having a wobbly:pDT_Xtremez_34:. Did you get caught up in the eiderdown this morning love:pDT_Xtremez_15: Please can someone ruffle the poor OP hair a little he seems to protest to much.:pDT_Xtremez_29:

Tedlooney

Sergeant
I think it was in one of Spike Milligan's books. I can't recall the exact situation but I think Spike failed to salute an officer and was told off. The officer said, "you're not saluting the man you're saluting the uniform". That evening when the officer was lying in bed, Spike served him a cup of tea then went to the wardrobe, opened it, saluted the uniform that was hanging there and left the room. I'll have to read Spike's memoirs again, they were p1ss funny.