• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Safety stuff

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Probably some trainee who didn't agree with an instructor that they were being or had been unsafe I would guess. It seems some people at the sausage factory listen to the little feckers rather than accept the word of an experienced S/JNCO. But then again what would I know as the last time a trainee disagreed with a decision and comment made by me they were soon put right on the matter, but then I have management that accept common sense and reason. (please nobody make the last comment public as we all know what happens when you show common sense don't we)

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
PSBM is right probably not your best guess FLT. The litigation opportunites of todays lawyers4U society are making some flappy members of mangement try to document and list every possible outcome for every task we do just to be sure their pensions are safe. Common sense and having some balls left the building a long time ago sadly. I genuinely despair and view the current situation with a great amount of sadness.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Whilst I agree that your bosses are probably over-reacting by reading the letter of some rules rathere than the meaning of the rules, I also believe that, while cosford is busy making itself safe in governmental lawyers' eyes, I suspect that most other training companies are doing without all this cr4p!?

I do appreciate the amendment of my suggested principles though. Ta!