• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SAC Runway Caravan Controllers

O

Oh sir

My unit certainly doesn't have one.

It could do with one really, what with all the civvy builders, chauffeurs etc crossing the threshold on a minute by minute basis without a driving permit!

We're days away from a serious incident I swear!

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Oh sir said:
My unit certainly doesn't have one.

It could do with one really, what with all the civvy builders, chauffeurs etc crossing the threshold on a minute by minute basis without a driving permit!

We're days away from a serious incident I swear!

The west london airfield doesn't have enough traffic to justify a tower nevermind a caravan :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Countdown to bite

skevans

Flight Sergeant
You Can Call Me Al said:
You'll be telling me next that there's often no duty pilot on duty in Towers these days.

Gotta admit I have only ever known a pilot in the tower when he fu(ked up, There was a practice air display on, or something was about to crash.

Oh yeah, the other reason is when SATCO is rather sexy with mighty fine curves, just like colerne in mid 90's

O

Oh sir

SirSaltyHelmet said:
The west london airfield doesn't have enough traffic to justify a tower nevermind a caravan :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Countdown to bite

Never SSH! Not a bite in sight. I'm just amazed you remembered my unit.

I don't have a stalker do I?

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Oh sir said:
Never SSH! Not a bite in sight. I'm just amazed you remembered my unit.

I don't have a stalker do I?

i don't think your lucky enough, either that or you don't forward assist enough.

D

Dirk Thrust

Valley has 2 caravans, one for the base and the other for Mona

Chaka

Sergeant
skevans said:
Oh yeah, the other reason is when SATCO is rather sexy with mighty fine curves, just like colerne in mid 90's

Off Topic
A rather sexy SATCO with fine curves? WTF?:pDT_Xtremez_17:

Never seen one in my time, the ugly ones usually make it to SATCO because they can't find a pilot to marry and can concentrate on a Career!

The pretty ones are long gone doing flower arranging or coffee mornings for the laydees down the Zobs patch.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

J Y Kelly

Corporal
At a guess:

Lossie
Leuchars
Leeming
Linton + the RLG's
Waddington
Cranwell
Coningsby
Valley + Mona
Marham
Wittering
Cottesmore
Boscombe

I don't know about St Athan or Scampton, but I doubt it. I would assume that Leeming and Wittering would go when they loose their jets. How many qualified people are needed to cover this? About 60? Is there a Q annotation for Caravan Controllers?

JFOM

Trekkie Nerd
Years ago (in the 50's I think) AATC's were required to go on a Rwy Caravans course before becoming controllers. On completion they were given JT rank - No honestly!!!!

Just my two pennies worth!

Chaka

Sergeant
JFOMz said:
Years ago (in the 50's I think) AATC's were required to go on a Rwy Caravans course before becoming controllers. On completion they were given JT rank - No honestly!!!!

Just my two pennies worth!

Oooerr:pDT_Xtremez_35:

Guess we would need to ask You Can Call Me All or The Fat Controller about those days. As they are probably tucked up in the nursing home at this time of night don't expect a reply till medication time at 08.30hrs.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Y

You Can Call Me Al

Just been aroused from my morning nap to be confronted by this scurrilous assertion.

Off Topic Whilst I remember hairy Mary's, ATC JTs were even before my time!

Years ago (in the 50's I think) AATC's were required to go on a Rwy Caravans course
- time to reinvent the wheel methinks. In those (good old) days, the successful training was recognised by a promotion and commensurate raise in salary...

...nuff said.

T

The Controller

YouCanCallMeAl
Just been aroused...
Not on my shift matey!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

I too remember the Hairy Mary......SATCO Colerne 90's????:eek:

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Edited..... Even though I mentioned no names, it is wrong to intimate who it is..... Guilt complex over

Last edited:
W

What's the bloody point?

Ooooooh matron

I have heard a rumour that someone in Shropshires' finest airfield (if you ignore Tern Hill) is extremely annoyed that this has been discussed on the goat.

Shame

Chaka

Sergeant
What's the bloody point? said:
Ooooooh matron

I have heard a rumour that someone in Shropshires' finest airfield (if you ignore Tern Hill) is extremely annoyed that this has been discussed on the goat.

Shame

What? SACs doing the Van? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

VP8

LAC
Best skive being in the van on a nice sunny day....deckchair out buzzbox/headset on long lead!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hairy Marys pain in the arse, was on last trip through Swinderby to be issued them.

VEEPS

Chaka

Sergeant
Hmmmm said:
oooops!! Can forget names but not the body............

Ah yes, one cannot resists a nice chasis.

We are still talking about Runway Caravans right?:pDT_Xtremez_30: