• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Running In Boots?

L

Liam419

Nothing particularly important

Nothing particularly important

Im starting TG on 14th june. When on PGAC we were told to pi$$ on our hands and feet in the shower because the ammonia would harden the skin. Might help, might not. Works for me.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Last edited:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
An idea (if I've remembered right), from Baden Powell in a very old copy of "Scouting for Boys".

Use very thick socks.
Rub soap on the inside of the socks.

When they are comfortable, put lots of Mycota powder (anti-Athlete's Foot) in the boots when you take them off, after cleaning.

Always worked for me, even in Ammo Boots.

Ive done a few Nijmegens and ran around hills in North Wales and Brecon, I'll give you my advice if you want it. Foot care is a dark art and has a different solution for everyone.

1. Nails: Keep them short, trim them regularly, use emeryboard/nailfile to keep nail edges smooth and snag free. (Sounds gay but stops toenails from rubbing on neighbouring toes and causing blisters)

2. Feet: Don't use urine on them (it will break the skin down), keep them moisturised if dry (E45 creme) and avoid cracked heels.

3. Socks: Massive difference of opinion here. I personally go for a cotton inner (thin) with a woolen outer (thick).

4. Dressings: Only apply to feet if you have a blister, don't strap feet as a preventative measure, it just cases friction, rubbing and will cause a blister. Catch 22.

5. Boots: Well fitting, worn in, waterproof, breathable, lightweight.

Good luck. Sore feet suck but sometimes you just have to suck it up and crack on. No one set advice is the definitive set of advice, from my experience just try a selection of tips, and try it yourself.

Yeah im rezzing a dead thread here but it caught my eye.

Last edited: