• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rooney Nike Ad - Patriotic or Offensive?

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Reported in the Daily Mail:

Fury over Rooney's Red Cross

Apparently, it has offended everyone from MP's to religeous leaders.

See pic

whatever next? FTA I say............

Yet only 2 pages after calling this picture revolting they have the "Great Tartan Takeover" Spouting a picture of the blue faced braveheart (William Wallace)

Last edited:

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
All I can think of is it looks like blood..... so maybe they think he is trying to get everyone to rise up an kill all non-english folks??
Fecked if I know but you cant do anything without incomers being offended nowadays.
:pDT_Xtremez_09:

anyway whats wrong with tartan, better wearing that than morris dancing I say.............................................

A

Almost_done

England vs Scotland

England vs Scotland

I am shocked after reading this today by the stupidity of some of my so called patriotic countrymen.

Gutted, I know we are proud of our respective histories but this has really sickend me.

I hope this will not lead to further problems and are isolated incidents.

A

Almost_done

wobbly said:
Reported in the Daily Mail:

Fury over Rooney's Red Cross

Apparently, it has offended everyone from MP's to religeous leaders.

See pic

whatever next? FTA I say............

Yet only 2 pages after calling this picture revolting they have the "Great Tartan Takeover" Spouting a picture of the blue faced braveheart (William Wallace)

Well that's what you get for reading the Mail!

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
That story about the kid has a thread of its own here on the forums somewhere.

I read the mail as its in our crew room, not through my own choice. I couldn't find the Sport ffs :pDT_Xtremez_15:

G

GTFPDQ

Well it catches the attention. Dont see anything wrong with it, does what its supposed to do!

Seems to be the flavour of the month though, the anti-english thing is getting a bit OTT. Seems that the rags dont have any real news to tell.

As a jock, Im gutted about the the kid and his Dad.... hope they catch the fcuker and they give him a good shoe-ing then lock him up with some sexcase who likes loud sex.... then the b@stard can shout all he wants.

U

UnknownLiney

I have no problem with that picture of Rooney, however I can see why some people would dislike it.

You may have to streatch imaginations a little here....but I suppose to some people the image of Rooney painted white with a red st george painted across can look like Rooney has been feasting on something and has blood splattered across him.

Personally my opinion is simple, we are English, we should be proud of who we are and what we have achieved, to claim that the flag of St George is racist is to say that we are not English, and that we are thugs with all the intelligence of Chimpanzees.

If a politican does not like me being proud of my heritage, a heritage that brought freedom to the world, a heritage that spread the values of education, health and liberty to thew world, a heritage that has stood up for what is right since the dark ages, well that politcian can for all I can go and find a cliff (preferbaly a high one) and jump (with a little assistance from my size 10 right boot).

And if some one else dislikes my sentiments, well they can go join the politcian.

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
UnknownLiney said:
A heritage that brought freedom to the world, a heritage that spread the values of education, health and liberty to the world, a heritage that has stood up for what is right since the dark ages

Isnt that Britain and not England?

Just asking................:pDT_Xtremez_08:

U

UnknownLiney

Get Tae said:
Isnt that Britain and not England?

Just asking................:pDT_Xtremez_08:

Origanlly it was England, and over time as the English united Scotland and Wales under one flag it became Britian.

England started the long climb to what she became with the signing of the Magna Carter in the time of the Platagonate kings (1300's), the Magna Carter basically set out the rights of the comman man.

This enabled England to become a stronger nation and eventually led to the invasions and subsequent uniting of the British Isles.

E

enginesuck

Scotland......My land - if we cant beat them we'll breed them out !!!!

Come on England!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
UnknownLiney said:
This enabled England to become a stronger nation and eventually led to the invasions and subsequent uniting of the British Isles.

Forgive my poor history knowledge but I cant remember reading about an invasion that actually lasted long enough to take over Scotland. Isnt that why the first king of Britain was James the 6th of Scotland and 1st of Britain?

A visit below maybe in order..........

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/lennich/1707.htm

No mention of invasion............plenty of mention of being fecked over by those posh gits at the top again though!

B

Blind_beggar

I don't really find it offensive, just a bit silly really.

W

WelshOsprey

I have no problem with that picture of Rooney, however I can see why some people would dislike it.

You may have to streatch imaginations a little here....but I suppose to some people the image of Rooney painted white with a red st george painted across can look like Rooney has been feasting on something and has blood splattered across him.

Personally my opinion is simple, we are English, we should be proud of who we are and what we have achieved, to claim that the flag of St George is racist is to say that we are not English, and that we are thugs with all the intelligence of Chimpanzees.

If a politican does not like me being proud of my heritage, a heritage that brought freedom to the world, a heritage that spread the values of education, health and liberty to thew world, a heritage that has stood up for what is right since the dark ages, well that politcian can for all I can go and find a cliff (preferbaly a high one) and jump (with a little assistance from my size 10 right boot).

And if some one else dislikes my sentiments, well they can go join the politcian.

When did England "alone " save the world like you claim

O

Oh sir

When did England "alone " save the world like you claim

Erm, not sure how to tell you this, but that post was made in June this year. The guy who made it hasn't posted since July.

I think you'll be waiting a wee while for a reply to your question! :pDT_Xtremez_35: