• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Roar of the Adour (with reheat)

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I thought the wife was drying her hair whilst that was on in the background...
(I know it never gets old, I'll get my coat)

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Apparently they never take off it's only the way that the planet curves away that gives an illusion of flight.

Seriously good job guys(y)

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Apparently they never take off it's only the way that the planet curves away that gives an illusion of flight.

Seriously good job guys(y)
The words "Get in!" may have been heard from my mouth as reheat was deselected. That frame was a wreck. It wasn't semi complete airframes like the TBAG Buccs or the LPG Lightnings. It was 80% stripped out. With the Indian fleet still alive, good spares are damn difficult to get. But we got her working well enough to do that safety. How many people on here have the capability to do that? Not many. PSB helped in some ways as background and many thanks to him.

Reactions: 6A1

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Well done! Another piece of "living" history rather than the sterile world of RAFM.
I must admit, although I like the museums at Hendon and cosford, they just don't have the same impact as a hot smelly noisy jet....

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
A certain Jaguar I know doing the business. First public photoshoot and fast taxi event where the cat played ball

That is absolutely fantastic. I recognise the guy in the seat and last saw him wearing a Tom Jones wig after a night out in Vegas. Absolute top bloke and how tempting must it have been to throttle up to full pelt and pull back on the stick?

An immense project and I take my hat off to everyone involved. What an achievement!

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
That is absolutely fantastic. I recognise the guy in the seat and last saw him wearing a Tom Jones wig after a night out in Vegas. Absolute top bloke and how tempting must it have been to throttle up to full pelt and pull back on the stick?

An immense project and I take my hat off to everyone involved. What an achievement!
He would tell you that it would be flying to a crash site nearby. Was only 350 Kg of fuel in the front group. Centre and rear groups are leakers and we don't use them. Gravity refuelling only. Speedo is a GPS function on a mobile phone stuck to the HUD. The avionics and radios are not there or do not work. It had some serious time in the background to pull it together and more serious time to pull it off.

Reactions: 6A1

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
He would tell you that it would be flying to a crash site nearby. Was only 350 Kg of fuel in the front group. Centre and rear groups are leakers and we don't use them. Gravity refuelling only. Speedo is a GPS function on a mobile phone stuck to the HUD. The avionics and radios are not there or do not work. It had some serious time in the background to pull it together and more serious time to pull it off.
It's almost 25 years since I worked on Jags. That weapons test set we used still makes me smile to this day but I also remember just how useful the airframe was during the upgrade to Jag 96. A very versatile aircraft to work on.

Again, what an incredible achievement and I'm very humbled by the tranacity and dedication of everyone involved. Well done to all.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
It's almost 25 years since I worked on Jags. That weapons test set we used still makes me smile to this day but I also remember just how useful the airframe was during the upgrade to Jag 96. A very versatile aircraft to work on.

Again, what an incredible achievement and I'm very humbled by the tranacity and dedication of everyone involved. Well done to all.
From one of the photogs Kev Osman. Museum management said they would only do things in house. Like the aeroplane, My opinion was well you have to do it properly. Cheap re enactor gear is Mk 3 and S6s. The odd set of 58 and turtle lids and some deactivated / fake SLRs. Exercise, exercise exercise. Getting the AGSE is a bonus too. Even made CBU trays. Got a PHIMAT and heavyweight adaptor. Alas no ECM pod. Got a winder adaptor plate mind and the bits to hang it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1648029283063.jpg
    FB_IMG_1648029283063.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 14

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
My photoshoots do have some added authenticity. People that look the right age. Sorry we got the armband on the wrong arm! No rozzers about to correct us. We had two adult Air Cadets and a CI as re enactors. A different way to inspire. They were on the museum staff books. Did they have a day like we used to have as Cadets? Too right. Class youngsters that we know cadets are.

Attachments

• youngsters.jpg
    youngsters.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 11

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Credit to Carl Humphreys for the use of his shot. The armband. Young Harvey hadn't handled a Sterling before that day. One for the White Caps about here.

copper.jpg