• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Respiratory problems and aero toxic syndrome in the ground trades. Is there a link?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Aerotoxic syndrome is up there with Yuppie flu and Gulf War syndrome. There is a possibility that it exists but without a proper recognition of symptoms from the medical fraternity, it will be "just one of those things".

http://aerotoxic.org/about-aerotoxic-syndrome/

This alleged syndrome seems to revolve around burned engine oil products within the pressurised cabin environment.

I spoke to many crews at the now defunct former secret AT place in Wiltshire during my time there and I was surprised to anecdotally learn that rearcrew, i.e, Loadies seemed to suffer a lot from respiratory illnesses. How true this really is, nobody will ever know unless proper research is carried out.

But, what about the ground trades who worked on the flight lines at flying stations. Constantly exposed to burned oil and fuel products on a daily basis. That means techies, fuelies, photogs, stackers and so on.

Does anyone here from the rearcrew and ground trades identify with this? Do you suffer with respiritory problems after working with aircraft?

This could be interesting!

Last edited: