• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reservist Firefighter?

H

hope2421

All,

A good mate of mine who is a civvy fulltime Firefighter is thinking of joining the RauxAF, would he be able to doing firefighting as a reserve and if so which would be the best sqd to join or would he not be able to be a firefighter at all and would have to do some other trade.

Many thanks
Tom

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Most brigades have a policy on reserve service. He should contact his HR dept with all the details. I know of a fair few firefighters who serve as reservists in all forces.

E

elnino

I know Hampshire have quite a few reservists within the ranks, sorry roles but i am not sure if there are any positions as reservist firefighter, i will ask a colleague when next on shift Thursday and get back to you, although as Firestorm says, check with recruiting office.

Last edited:
H

hope2421

Thanks for the info, my mate is looking into joining and now doing another trade.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
RAF firefighters generally retire as a Cat e reserve, meaning, in lay terms, that there is no strategic reason to maintain a reserve force.