• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reserve Liability

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
Hi All,
I've recently received my Certificate of Service from SPVA.

Listed on it is a reserve liability until 23 May 2028.

WTF, after 26 years service I though I had no reserve liability. I don't think so. Is this an oversight or did I somehow sign something to allow them to press gang me back into service at age 54 and six months should it be needed?

Any admin wallahs clear this up?

Thanks

Pikey.

Robby

Corporal
Same situation

Same situation

I found the same when I left last year after 30 years, despite my re-engagement paperwork (which I signed) saying 30 years with no reserve.

I was advised that it was 'updated' during a review of T&C's which did not require to resign my contract! However if they try and call me up again I have no interest in passing my RAFFT so I wont be much use during the 12 week remedial package!

Yet another change to my T&C's which I saw throughout my 30 years which slowly reduced it from a career to a job!

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Probably need you lot to assist in the 'form square' when we battle the rest of Europe post Brexit in the Battle of Waterloo II!!!

Good planning on the Government's part!! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

ktuludays

LAC
If I get called for reserve service then can **** off! Are we legally obliged to return to service. I've never heard of any being recalled and what good would an ex servicemen or woman who left 6 years ago be?

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
If I get called for reserve service then can **** off! Are we legally obliged to return to service. I've never heard of any being recalled and what good would an ex servicemen or woman who left 6 years ago be?

...cast your mind way back and see if you can remember those pick-axe handles....?

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I leave the RAF in December after after 33.5 years and have now been told I have a reserve liability until 55. Not a problem. Of course if you call me back up I'll come in wearing a dress, blonde wig and I'll want to be known as 'Brenda'. Still want me back?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I leave the RAF in December after after 33.5 years and have now been told I have a reserve liability until 55. Not a problem. Of course if you call me back up I'll come in wearing a dress, blonde wig and I'll want to be known as 'Brenda'. Still want me back?

Actually, if you did that they would want you back more than anyone else, as it would boost their diversity stats. You may want to re-think your choice.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Ok, didn't really think that one through! In that case I will turn up in my full Sturmbanfuhrer SS regalia and see how that pans out :pDT_Xtremez_07:

insty66

Corporal
My good lady asked if I had any reserve commitment seven years after leaving.

Said I dunno but i seemed to recall E class reserve being mentioned, so I thought I'd check here in case anyone had already asked. Seems they sort of did but got a bunch of keyboard warriors acting out from their keyboards.

So what is the answer after 22+ plus years? Is it different if they reach LOS 30, Age 47 or the full shift to 55?

I joined on 9+3 then went to 22 then LOS 30 leaving after 27 years.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
My good lady asked if I had any reserve commitment seven years after leaving.

Said I dunno but i seemed to recall E class reserve being mentioned, so I thought I'd check here in case anyone had already asked. Seems they sort of did but got a bunch of keyboard warriors acting out from their keyboards.

So what is the answer after 22+ plus years? Is it different if they reach LOS 30, Age 47 or the full shift to 55?

I joined on 9+3 then went to 22 then LOS 30 leaving after 27 years.

I did 33.5 years and they still have me until I'm 55 (if they can find me that is!).