• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Redundancy/PVR at your Station

A

Almost_done

Okay, this may have been covered in Pprune or somewhere else.

At a camp in Oxfordshire with rotary wing we have had 39 redundees with an additional 38 PVRs from the troops that missed the cut, so what about the rest of the RAF then?

Lets get it out into the open guys and see where they have got us into even more overstretch.

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
36 engineers at an airbase in Wilts, with more PVR's going in daily.

It's going to be interesting in April. Unless the flying programme is reduced, there is no way we will be able to meet it.

Last edited:

Wg Cdr ComfeyChair-Smyth

*****istrator
Hey hey, I dont have to meet the program, I just have to nod knowingly at handover! Then the dawn of realisation hits, halfway thru the night. By that time.............:)

anyhooo...... I'm posted, woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

What is it about Eng Ops at Lyneham :( 3 out of 5 of us did the same thing a few years ago. I think the other two went to Brize shortly after.

Perhaps it is the black board of doom on the wall, (or have they got the long awaited plasma screen now). That wall has been like that since I joined up in 1974!

O

oasis

Hey we are getting projecters and a new carpet....we must be closing!! :)

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Basically mate, the redundancy at Lyneham has left us goosed. We have 8 sootie SNCOS' going between now and next September. This leaves us with 2 slots to fill in the C130J school, 1 slot to fill in the DTM slot, and we only have 3 experienced SNCOS' left. So using common sense here, we have to fill all three of the slots with experienced personnel leaving us with ZERO experienced SNCOS' on rects and the line. BRILLIANT!!!!! :(

What a great load of insight these people at PMC have given this.

The C130J hasnt got the luxury of posting in anyone with experience as these SNCOS' that have just got redundancy are the SNCOS' that have been on type since their introduction into service in 1999. So now we are up $h!t creek without a paddle. There are no SNCOS' out there to replace these people that we have lost, so best they start promoting the Juniors quickly, and not just the ACTING crap that they seem to do all the time to fill a shortfall in their manning forecasts.

Im really gobsmacked at the way PMC have handled this. Its almost as if they have carried out a first come first served idea and took no consideration as to the effect this would have on the workforce.....

Shoddy, bloody shoddy I say...:mad:

Wg Cdr ComfeyChair-Smyth

*****istrator
wobbly said:
Basically mate, the redundancy at Lyneham has left us goosed. We have 8 sootie SNCOS' going between now and next September. This leaves us with 2 slots to fill in the C130J school, 1 slot to fill in the DTM slot, and we only have 3 experienced SNCOS' left.

Further to that The School Slot has been filled by, one of the available sootie SNCO's already!. (MT)

E

enginesuck

We've ben shafted at kinloss too with the manpower draw down no more six on six off - shifts week of days week of evening week of nights, sar cover on weekends countless ops worldwide, means gulf twice a year for some. And on shift sometimes only a jnco and an sac to cover a flying programme. However the sengo likes his management speaks "maintain the battle rhythm" so thats alright then.... lots of officers are going to get promoted over the lean process whilst lots of lineys are gonna be divorced - time to hand over the tools to the jengos i think, turn the lights off on your way out sir.................. :mad:

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
twice a year?

Lightweight ;) Some of our lads are doing 3x8 week stints as it is, now with redundancy they are thinking of making it a 3 year overseas tour for us :rolleyes:

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
enginesuck said:
We've ben shafted at kinloss too with the manpower draw down no more six on six off - shifts week of days week of evening week of nights, sar cover on weekends countless ops worldwide, means gulf twice a year for some. And on shift sometimes only a jnco and an sac to cover a flying programme. However the sengo likes his management speaks "maintain the battle rhythm" so thats alright then.... lots of officers are going to get promoted over the lean process whilst lots of lineys are gonna be divorced - time to hand over the tools to the jengos i think, turn the lights off on your way out sir.................. :mad:

Not all JEngO's support this lean bo11ox. I know of at least one who gave the consultants a hard time over it when they were selling it to us. I think the comment was "Do the Japanese armed forces employ this system (thats where this idea comes from allegedly), if not whats the reason for not doing so?" Needless to say he was scowled at and fobbed off in the best of traditions.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Saves on MQ,s

Saves on MQ,s

Quote "lots of officers are going to get promoted over the lean process whilst lots of lineys are gonna be divorced "

The boys that came up with project SLAM will be laughing their next stripes up now, just think of their stats to the boss.. "Yes sir, a complete success. More people than ever are now choosing to live in the blocks."

5 experienced blokes went at a small flying club in Lincoln and its got the crews worried..
They've no trust in the inexperienced new chaps, as how are they to know whether it's a 5 iron shot or a 7 iron chip back onto the fairway. :)

S

sherminator

At my place half the section has either PVR'd or are not extending thier service so we are going to be propered f**ked in a few months when everyone is out cos there are no replacements on the horizon. You never know the lean team might come and give us more manpower :D :D :D