• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

reduce 1.5 mile time

matty1012

LAC
Hi all,

I understand you have to complete the 1.5 mile (2.4k) in 11.11, but that is the absolute maximum.

I am currently doing 08.54 over 1.5 miles. Will this be enough to stand out from the crowd.

Also has anyone got any tips on how to improve this time as I seem to of hit a plateau and I am stuck at this time.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Tango

LAC
Yeah, you'll definitely stand out. Just remember that you should maintain that kind of performance all through training, keeps the PTIs off your back.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
A sub 9 min for 1.5 Miles is very good. More than enough even.

You need to be strong as well as quick, so don't forget to work your upper body as well. Practice your pressups but really get that chest into the ground. The MSFT then becomes a piece of the proverbial.

As for improving your running time, stamina is a major hurdle. Try and find an incline which takes you a minute to run up, sprint up instead with a jog recovery back down - repeat this 10 times. I found this improved my running time immensely.

G

gemarriott

Hi all,

I understand you have to complete the 1.5 mile (2.4k) in 11.11, but that is the absolute maximum.

I am currently doing 08.54 over 1.5 miles. Will this be enough to stand out from the crowd.

Also has anyone got any tips on how to improve this time as I seem to of hit a plateau and I am stuck at this time.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Pah! I can easily do that distance in lees than a minute::p:

The object in training is to be steady and determined not to stand out for being good but worse than that for being bad. Either way the best thing is to be steady inside the top 50% of everything but below the top 10% and above the bottom 50% is perfect. You won't be singled out for remedial beastings or even worse volunteered for extra responsibilities.

beowulf

Sergeant
A sub 9 min for 1.5 Miles is very good. More than enough even.

You need to be strong as well as quick, so don't forget to work your upper body as well. Practice your pressups but really get that chest into the ground. The MSFT then becomes a piece of the proverbial.

As for improving your running time, stamina is a major hurdle. Try and find an incline which takes you a minute to run up, sprint up instead with a jog recovery back down - repeat this 10 times. I found this improved my running time immensely.

Interesting tip. I know of a railway bridge on a regular run of mine that I actually aim to get to the top of in a minute from the start of the most noticeable incline, I will have to remember this next time I am on that route thanks!