• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Red Arrows Book

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yours for a mere £20.

Written by, the article states, David Montenegro the current Commanding Officer he describes how the Red Arrows perform in his new fantastic book.
He describes how sometimes they fly upside down during their display flights !!!! and even wear special suits to stop black outs from G forces I'm sure there are other amazing revelations in the tome but at £20

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Always worth looking over the shoulder at someone else's programme on an air day, that way the RAFAT dictate my toilet break time...

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
IF true (it is the papers after all) just the sort of story that never makes it into a book about the reds.

fourteen2two

Corporal
Wonder who is leaking this stuff to the media? Aircrew getting passed not unusual. High spirits old chap.
Drunken hooliganism if its other ranks!

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Wonder who is leaking this stuff to the media? Aircrew getting passed not unusual. High spirits old chap.
Drunken hooliganism if its other ranks!
Couple of pilots short of a display team officially. Remember, the display training away days are not happening on British territory any more. Incident off base?

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Couple of pilots short of a display team officially. Remember, the display training away days are not happening on British territory any more. Incident off base?
Or some form of “interaction” between two pilots?
(Isn’t it wonderful to speculate!)

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Or some form of “interaction” between two pilots?
(Isn’t it wonderful to speculate!)
Or interaction between them and the BFBS Reporter one year when the Show Ponies were in Cyprus parked up next to some proper War Horses? 😂👍

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I wonder if the book will have a loose leaf addendum about the early return of an aircrew person.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Whatever happened to the two British Army Officer Firestarter clowns with the flareguns at Bulford Barracks??? Anybody know???

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Apparently displaying as a 7-ship this season.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
Maybe jet drivers are in short supply and we need to prioritise the actual pointy end stuff. Retasking away from non operational showboating?

Maybe jet drivers are in short supply and we need to prioritise the actual pointy end stuff. Retasking away from non operational showboating?
We all know what the phrase "now working on other duties" generally means. Which was in the first article I saw about it on Saturday. I haven't heard anything on the patch at Scampton as yet, give it time though.