• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Red 4 Condolences

Someday we will know, where the pilots go
When their work on earth is through.
Where the air is clean, and the engines gleam,
And the skies are always blue.
They have flown alone, with the engine's moan,
As they sweat the great beyond,
And they take delight, at the awesome sight
of the world spread far and yon.

Yet not alone, for above the moan, when the earth is
out of sight,
As they make their stand, He takes their hand,
and guides them through the night.
How near to God are these men of sod,
Who step near death's last door?
Oh, these men are real, not made of steel,
But He knows who goes before,

And how they live, and love and are beloved,
But their love is most for air.
And with death about, they will still fly out,
And leave their troubles there.
He knows these things, of men with wings,
And He knows they are surely true.
And He will give a hand, to such a man
'Cause He's a pilot too.

RIP Jon Eggin

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
RIP Flt Lt Egging, thoughts at this sad time with family friends and colleagues.

fatbaldchief

Corporal
I have just found out about this terrible accident and am totally in shock. I spent 5 years on the Team and flew many fantastic and thrilling hours in the back seat as a Circus member. My thoughts and sincere condolences go out to Jon's family, friends and also to the Team who I know must all be devastated. RIP Sir.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Have just heard this terrible news. Saw the Reds perform last month at Lossie and they were as good as always.

RIP........you maybe gone but you'll never be forgotten

welshjpc

Corporal
As much as we love to hate them, it's a sad loss for the RAF.

RIP.

Couldn't have put it better myself. According to reports Flt Lt Egging steered the stricken frame away from houses but left it too late to save himself. When you pause to think about that it is an incredible, amazing sacrifice.

Respect well and truly earned. RIP Sir.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
.. According to reports Flt Lt Egging steered the stricken frame away from houses but left it too late to save himself. When you pause to think about that it is an incredible, amazing sacrifice...
The rest of us can only dream of committing such a noble act if that is the case.
Deepest commiserations to family and friends.
Blue skies Flt Lt Egging.

olliepop

Corporal
RIP Eggy... You are flying with the angels now. Thoughts with his wife, family and friends and with the rest of the reds and blues xx

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
I saw the news yesterday and hoped for the best, alas it was not to be. Airframes can be replaced but not pilots. Condolences to his family.