• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recruit Training, inside look

connorap

LAC
For anyone who is thinking about joining the RAF, in the process of doing so or just interested what military training involves the RAF youtube channel provided two recruits with a camera to record a video diary of there experience down at Halton. I found the video diary very insightful and entertaining to watch and i think its nice to have had a heads up on the level of kit you need, how the sleep deprivation effects everyone and just what goes on down there for 9 weeks!

Chris Marchants playlist is not in order in the RAF's channel so i made my own with it in order!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVOwxBaN0q5AbVnZyDwf78CcT2Pohq4Sv

Laura Skinner's is also very interesting and also shows the "Gas chamber" from the inside!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL768DD820B41AAA32

Hope i posted it in the right section :pDT_Xtremez_41:

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
These are really good and both Laura and Chris give an honest and pragmatic insight into life on RTS, which is refreshing to see and hear as they're not a couple of robots who are just spouting out what they think the bosses want to hear. Well done to them both for getting through and I wish them well on their future careers.

LilStill

Sergeant
Pity I was stupid enough to give Laura a full-face interview in there. Thanks for the reminder! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Hannibal

LAC
I met Chris while on SATT at Halton, went through the NCAITC course with him at RAFC Cranwell and about to start JATCC with him in a couple of weeks. Great lad

84scouse

SAC
I met Chris while on SATT at Halton, went through the NCAITC course with him at RAFC Cranwell and about to start JATCC with him in a couple of weeks. Great lad

I know him from SATT too, he's holding at Waddington now! Seen him a couple of times recently.

37isntOld

LAC
Awesome - thanks :)

Awesome - thanks :)

Medical next week - I'm getting closer to getting in, and these videos were really insightful for me - cheers :)