• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recommendations for a London Hotel

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Off to the Royal Albert Hall in December. Train into Euston.

Looked on Expedia and Trivago and how all the hotels look the same...

Anyone done a similar gig? Anyone recommend a hotel near either the venue or station. Willing to spend up to £150 for the night as its a treat [from me to me].

briggfairy

Sergeant
you could always try leaving it to the last minute and book a secret hotel deal on last minute.com, me and the missus did that a couple of years back and ended up in a very posh place directly over the river form the houses of parliment for around £80.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hot wire does that but if you search for it on google it gets nothing but a good slagging off.

Didn't know last minute did it though...

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Did this a few years ago and got 2 nights with breakfast and evening meal in a **** hotel for £120 for the two of us.

They gave the price before booking but not the name although copying and pasting the spiel into Google came up with the hotel name.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Hyde Park Ramada on the Bayswater Road is a good one, over the road from Kensington Palace Gardens and over the park from RAH. If you're coming into Euston, try the St Pancras Hotel. It's a beautiful old hotel just by St Pancras stn that's been modernised and renovated inside. Has an excellent spa for the Missus and a cracking location.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
http://www.lastminute.com/hotels/top-secret.html

Fill in the details and it will give you details of the rooms, but not the hotel. If you are a google ninja though, you will find the unamed hotels discriptions are taken from their actual web site. So a bit of copy and paste and googlisation... Hey presto, you should be able to work out what hotel it actually is.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's prolly not at all what you're after, but I'm a big fan of the UJ.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
If you are a google ninja though, you will find the unamed hotels discriptions are taken from their actual web site. So a bit of copy and paste and googlisation... Hey presto, you should be able to work out what hotel it actually is.

Nice tip : )

Thanks