• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rebekah Brookes...

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Tough sh1t.......she's had her hay day and made many a bob out of it......let her and her cronies pay the price!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Mrs Brookes how dare they.

Mrs Brookes how dare they.

Mr and Mrs Brookes are rightly annoyed at being charged with hiding documents, deleting emails and chucking a laptop in a nearby bin, after all its not like she was the boss of two news papers that were involved in illegal phone tapping and wasn't aware of the thousands of pounds being paid to do this.

I'd be annoyed to if my years of building up a network of top politicians, laughing at their jokes, agreeing with their naff policies and getting my newspapers to back their parties had come to nought.

Problem is they'll probably get away with it as the coppers are bound to have messed up somewhere.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

mememe

Corporal
Mr and Mrs Brookes are rightly annoyed at being charged with hiding documents, deleting emails and chucking a laptop in a nearby bin, after all its not like she was the boss of two news papers that were involved in illegal phone tapping and wasn't aware of the thousands of pounds being paid to do this.

I'd be annoyed to if my years of building up a network of top politicians, laughing at their jokes, agreeing with their naff policies and getting my newspapers to back their parties had come to nought.

Problem is they'll probably get away with it as the coppers are bound to have messed up somewhere.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2
That's what I like to see, guilty until proven innocent, how very military. Still remember the "march the guilty barsteward in" from a Flt Lt doing his 1st orderly room.
Another point, what has Mr B got to do with this? He trains horses and rides a ginger one every now and again.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't give a fcuk?

Is anyone suprised that members of the media 'may' have been up to no good?

It's a toss up between this and the Olympics for story least likely to hold my interest levels.

I'd rather read about the McCanns.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
That's what I like to see, guilty until proven innocent, how very military. Still remember the "march the guilty barsteward in" from a Flt Lt doing his 1st orderly room.
Another point, what has Mr B got to do with this? He trains horses and rides a ginger one every now and again.

Time will tell but if guilty, she has become a 'victim' of what goes round etc. I do find her false indignation laughable considering what the rag was doing with her at the helm.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
The interesting bit will be when she starts naming the politicos that knew about the goings on and tried to sweep it under the carpet.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The interesting bit will be when she starts naming the politicos that knew about the goings on and tried to sweep it under the carpet.

Come in Teflon Tony your time is up, well I can hope. Yes of course under our system she is innocent until proven etc. However I don't reckon the crown prosecution service has spent this long sifting through the evidence, bringing the raft charges on the off chance they might get lucky and win.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Am I the only one who doesn't give a fcuk?

Is anyone suprised that members of the media 'may' have been up to no good?

It's a toss up between this and the Olympics for story least likely to hold my interest levels.

I'd rather read about the McCanns.

Nope,I'm more concerned about my local bunging an extra 5p on a pint of Wobbly!!! £3.95 a pint FFS!!...£3.95!!!
:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Sadly i suspect you`re not, but you really should. Its another small step on the way to getting our country back.

No. No it isn't.

It's a three way wank fest that affects nor interests the average man in the street not one iota.

No-one with half a brain cell ever questions that the higher strata of politicans, the media and the police are corruptable, so what's the surprise when they get it on together to individually prove the worthlessness of each other?

Given that the catalyst was a bunch of D list celebs with lives hardly worth of remark, it is pretty much one great enormous but basically victimless, yet very, very yawny crime.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Come in Teflon Tony your time is up, well I can hope. Yes of course under our system she is innocent until proven etc. However I don't reckon the crown prosecution service has spent this long sifting through the evidence, bringing the raft charges on the off chance they might get lucky and win.
Knowing what I know from the media I would say guilty as charged.

The major thing is that she has been pally and on cheek kissing terms with quite a few people in high places that you wouldn't normally expect.

As I wrote earlier, the interesting bits will be when all the 'names' come out in court.

I have a gut feeling (and I have a very big beer muscle in that area) that quite a few current and ex politicos are having sphincter problems at the moment.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts

I didn't say she was guilty, just that she ran a newpaper at the time it was doing illegal things, this is a fact in law as Glen Mulcair (sic) has gone to jail for this, that the size of payments to cover this up suggest the Org must have known or should have reasonably known about it.

She has only been charged with the offences so the CPS must think there is a chance that they will be able to prove their case, she may well be innocent but I cannot see her moving into another senior position (with another employer) soon.

God knows what hubby's got to do with it but I guess the feds thought he may have helped her or just kept quiet about the piles of emails sitting in bin bags under the stairs.

litterman

SAC
God knows what hubby's got to do with it but I guess the feds thought he may have helped her or just kept quiet about the piles of emails sitting in bin bags under the stairs.

HE has been charged with the same thing she must have passed (allegedly)some documents over to hime for him to jhide /get rid of !

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
No. No it isn't.

It's a three way wank fest that affects nor interests the average man in the street not one iota.

No-one with half a brain cell ever questions that the higher strata of politicans, the media and the police are corruptable, so what's the surprise when they get it on together to individually prove the worthlessness of each other?

Given that the catalyst was a bunch of D list celebs with lives hardly worth of remark, it is pretty much one great enormous but basically victimless, yet very, very yawny crime.

That`ll be how we`ve managed to sleepwalk into this state then... If its acceptable to turn a blind eye to crookedness at the highest level.

N

NotAnIDOYet

The charge is conspiracy to pervert the course of justice I think, who she can name in court is largely irrelevant and won't help in her defence. The suggestion is she deliberately hid/withheld evidence in a criminal investigation. I don't care whether she shared a goat with our tony, if she is proven to have obstructed a police investigation (with the suggestion that hubby and members of her staff knowingly helped her) then she deserves all she gets.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
That`ll be how we`ve managed to sleepwalk into this state then... If its acceptable to turn a blind eye to crookedness at the highest level.

Because for most working people, like myself, there is only so much "give a $hit" in them in their day to day lives, and this along with many other things fails to make the threshold.

And that's how it is.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Teflon Tony/call me Dave. She was clunge deep with both of them and headed up the most undemocratic organisation that tried to run a democracy. Her papers hacked the phones of dead servicemen and their families.
How short some people's memories are.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Teflon Tony/call me Dave. She was clunge deep with both of them and headed up the most undemocratic organisation that tried to run a democracy. Her papers hacked the phones of dead servicemen and their families.
How short some people's memories are.

...and your solution is?