• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAFA funding fall

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
With the current Covid pandemic affecting the UK RAFA donations have fallen dramatically. One of the consequences is affecting the "Wings Breaks" arm of RAFA. Must admit until reading the article I had never heard of "Wings Breaks".

"Two respite care break facilities for RAF veterans face imminent closure because charitable donations have dried up in the pandemic. More than 1,100 ex-servicemen and women, many in their 70's and 80's, go to the Wings Breaks homes every year for short stays to give their families a rest. But because of the pandemic, the Royal Air Forces Association said it was now short of funds – leaving it with a 40 per cent black hole in their annual income."

Full article.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When I was a SSAFA caseworker I sent a couple to one of these. He was totally fooked and she was run ragged trying to look after him. Going there meant he got all the TLC and she got a rest, her hair and nails done and could still spend a bit of time together on what was essentially a holiday together that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

So a good cause.

dkh51250

Sergeant
This, coupled with the removal of Poppy Breaks by the RBL, has taken away one of the greatest assets caseworkers had. It seems Rothbury is under threat too.