• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF WO and wife sent down

E

enginesuck

What a waste of a Career - sometimes it might be tempting to make a quick buck but not even worth nicking a bog roll ! Lost his career, reputation all for a relatively small financial gain.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I feel for the children in all this!

Do you want to re-phrase that statement, before you end up in the dock? :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Yes, they were extremely stupid. You'd think someone who'd risen to such a high rank would be aware that his actions were illegal... as well as downright disgusting.

I'd heard of 'them' watching e-bay and investigating any 'suspicious' activity years ago. I heard of a guy years ago got caught selling Jaguar spares on e-bay, he'd just got redundancy and was due a big payout... instead he got dishonourable discharge and feck all!

It's not worth it!

HTB

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
It astounds me that he showed no remorse but instead has an outburst at the copper because clearly it was the MDP's fault, they must have made him do it!

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Beggars belief that he got away with so much,and look what he's lost with his greed.
A career,pension,respect & the chance of getting a job when he gets out.We had a manager at NTL who was 'asked to resign' for stealing 24 bags of ready mix sand & cement (a palletload) worth about £12 to build a patio at his home,he then had the audacity to try & blame one of the other engineers I worked with who delivered it to the manager in a company van,on the pretense it was going up to Londonderry for the installers there.

G

grumpyoldb

The higher they get, the further to fall. No sympathy what so ever.

E

enginesuck

It does make me wonder about the legalities of taking his pension... If it were a contributory scheme i assume he would receive it. Really don't know. I remember once i was needing an office chair for my study at home and i mentioned this to a few lads - they said follow us - so i found myself staring at a pallet load of spanking new office chairs worth about 200 quid a pop .. It was the middle of the night and my car was parked just outside the Hangar .... Just couldnt do it , it would have been so easy. Still im glad i didnt !

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Oh, really? I kind of assumed this sort of thing would come with a dishonourable discharge and subsequent loss of entitlements. Every days a school day as they say.

The first court-martial in which I had any administrative involvement was to do with allowances fraud, to a large degree and over a sustained period. The defendant was found guilty, discharged and kept his pension. We were shocked but it seems they cannot touch accrued rights. Logical I suppose but it left a bitter taste nonetheless.

Dumb as fcuk and he got what he deserved. But I kinda feel sorry for the poor fekker to be honest.
I know I'm going to get a stream of abuse for this but I hope he keeps his pension. Yes punish him, discharge him and disgrace him. Make a painful example of him but don't kick a man in the teeth when he's down. It's just not cricket.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I wonder what his motive was? Quite young for a WO assuming he hadn't just got it...perhaps an indicator that he intellectually wasn't a retard as such...£10k made perhaps masks what his aspiration for the operation was (perhaps they thought it would go on to make some real money)...Certainly 10k is not even 25% of his annual income...so if we assume he wasn't totally dense and could imagine some of the risks he was taking could lead to a darker place perhaps there was an unknown [as yet] reason why he was doing it?

If you think laterally about the pension it's probably a cheaper option to let him keep it then strip it of him...if he's skint he's already demonstrated a morally challenged vent so if he's caught doing something wrong again and a penal sentence is again given thats 130k a year per prisoner...if he's totally on the rock and roll incl. social housing it'll doubtless cost more than the annual pension so perhaps if not the morally right thing to do when boiled down to pounds and pence it could be cheaper.

Who's have thought there was such a market for that type of thing on flea-bay?

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I was given free reign to use materials out of the ISK scrap compound for a little project. Opened a lacon and found it completely full of aircraft tools, a full tool store worth ready for liberation! The guys I was with and I looked each other for a second and shut the lid and moved on. A month later I was back in there, same lacon, still full, but with rusty tools...what a waste!

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Dumb as fcuk and he got what he deserved. But I kinda feel sorry for the poor fekker to be honest.
I know I'm going to get a stream of abuse for this but I hope he keeps his pension. Yes punish him, discharge him and disgrace him. Make a painful example of him but don't kick a man in the teeth when he's down. It's just not cricket.

Call me old fashioned but he's just p1ssed on his contract.

I...................... swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and Officers set over me. So Help me God.

T'internet's got a lot to answer for, but a thief is a thief is a thief. Particularly if he has abused his position and rank.

However......His pension is deferred pay from the period of his service. So give him the lump sum and show him the door.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Yeah, he will keep his pension I bet. I know of a rigger who was CM'ed for selling aircraft parts on EBay. He was being made redundant (voluntary) when he was caught. Fined 4K and kept his pension and payout. What our convict will find is getting any jobs with decent companies very difficult with his bird time..:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited:

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
The real losers in all of this are their Children, of an age were this sort of thing can't be brushed under the carpet.

One minute Dad is this fine, upstanding Exec of the Royal Air Force and the next.......no better than a common thief. A hell of a fall from grace. Also, would this mean they go into care if they both serve their sentence at the same time or has some of it already been served whilst under some sort of home arrest / custody process?