• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Serviceman's Daughter Needs £500K For Cancer Treatment

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Fraja Ellie is the daughter of a mate of mine from my TCW days. Loads of people are doing loads of good stuff trying to raise funds to get her to the States for treatment that the NHS cant provide. If anyone has a couple of notes spare for the daughter of a fellow RAF serviceman, please donate to help his cause, or spread the word.

Rob Wood has a JustGiving page, there is a Facebook page and a news article can be found here.

Thanks.

MC

Last edited:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I'd be interested to know why the NHS has declined to treat her.
(Done)

cup of corrrfeee

Last edited:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'd be interested to know why the NHS has declined to treat her.
(and yes, as soon as they remind me of my just giving password, I'll make a contribution).

She needs to get in a queue for the second treatment, behind women who will simply DIE if they don't have a screaming brat and 18 year old losers who are paranoid about their tits being too small - and that's just about where we are in society.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Apologies, I've amended my original text. The NHS cant (not wont) provide the treatment. More details here.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Apologies, I've amended my original text. The NHS cant (not wont) provide the treatment. More details here.

Thank you.
I do hope this kid makes it; it's not just the fact of 'Service' life.
It's that a 4-year old is struck down horribly and NICE hasn't got round to sorting it.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
From the Facebook page;

Well the day has come, tomorrow we go in and up to the ward ready for WEDNESDAY, this is the day of her operation. This is going to be the worst day of my life, I can not imagine the waiting, watching the clock willing the hands to move round and at the same time dreading the surgeon coming to see us, not knowing what to expect whether it is with relief or tears from what he tells us. Then having to face our little beauty and seeing what she has just been put through. BOB has got a lot to answer for, whilst she is in surgery she is also having her port taken out from under her ribs on one side and then a double hickman is going to be put in too, so her little body is going to have cuts all over. So much for a little girl to endure.

Please if you can light a candle for Fraja and send her positive thoughts, she is going to need it all, and if you would like to take part in wearing something pink or white in support of Fraja that too would be wonderful as a lot of people have asked if it is ok to do this and wanted to send their wishes. Garry and I want to thank you all for keeping up with our baby and the encouraging posts to her, we read them to her and a few have made her smile. Lots have made me cry but a lot have given me the strength I need to keep on going. The next few days are going to be tough, I will try and update when Fraja is out and let you know how she is doing.