• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Police Continual Vandalism Of Private Cars

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I'm sure the the civvy police ones need a lot of elbow grease to remove. The ones saying don't move this car, car not taxed.

Here's a little tip. Why don't you park your car in the right place, keep it registered taxed insured. Keep your room clean. Wear your hair short. Smile when you salute officers knowing you're just as good as them.

Well said that man.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
What. So you think that it is perfectly acceptable to attach something to someones car that will require hot, soapy water to get off? How about I go cover your car in yellow stickers and watch you get them off. You will only need hot, soapy water. I am sure you carry bottles of the stuff with you. You should get the council ones that are lined very thinly with a little bit of adhesive which come off very easily and do not require hot soapy water. Also do your stickers come with advice to airmen to use hot soapy water to remove? Also, what about a flyer style notice tucked behind a wiper? That would leave no damage to a car?

It is not acceptable for police and SWOs teams to vandalise peoples property with stickers!
Don't park unlawfully and you won't receive a ticket 😂

If I park unlawfully then I will accept a ticket being placed in the windscreen and deal with the consequences so your offer to place them all over my car really us a bit silly isn't it 😉

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Don't park unlawfully and you won't receive a ticket 

If I park unlawfully then I will accept a ticket being placed in the windscreen and deal with the consequences so your offer to place them all over my car really us a bit silly isn't it 

Point of order m'lud...

Is it unlawful? If I park outside the mess in the slot that has a sign saying OC catering what law am I breaking? I look to a legal enforcement professional to advise me. I know for a fact that it's not mentioned in SSOs. 😈👿 Devil's advocate question .. if anyone parks in my slot I'll fizz the fecker 😁😁😁

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Point of order m'lud...

Is it unlawful? If I park outside the mess in the slot that has a sign saying OC catering what law am I breaking? I look to a legal enforcement professional to advise me. I know for a fact that it's not mentioned in SSOs. 😈👿 Devil's advocate question .. if anyone parks in my slot I'll fizz the fecker 😁😁😁
That's an interesting one if it's not mentioned in SSOs then they have missed a trick as that's how most RTA laws are transferred to military property although it's been quite a while since I have worked on station policing.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It does throw a couple of questions up. If the Station puts yellow lines down, how legal are they in relation to the Road Traffic Act as I thought you had a load of hoops to go through out in the real world.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
I'm not sure if the ins and outs of it mate I know that on most units SSOs always used to be quite good at covering the requirements maybe one of the other Coppers might know better as these days I'm more interested in computers and proper criminals 😂

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Breaking on-site traffic regs is usually accompanied by a threat of having your vehicle pass withdrawn and your vehicle therefore barred from the unit isn't it? Maybe the highways act can't be enforced on military units, but the powers-that-be aren't obligated to permit you to drive on the unit either.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
So it has been going on for years, and different RAF Police sections at various stations have different procedures on dishing out disciplinary action on individuals that park their cars in undesignated places such as on double yellow lines. Now while I feel that the RAF Police should have the power to apprehend individuals that continually break the rules/law, I do disagree with some of their methods.

Firstly,they use big yellow stickers which get put on your windscreen and tends to be on the drivers side. These are very difficult to get off and has lead to personnel left with scratches on their windscreen in the process of removing them. This to me is vandalism as any form of intentional damage by a person on your car is vandalism. Also, if that service personnel has just left his block for work and just found that sticker on his car, he or she may not have time to remove it so will get in their car and attempt to drive to work with an obscured view due to some dumb RAF Police coppers actions, therefore raising the chance of a fatal collision.

Also I have witnessed many police cars or SWOs team park up next to a car parked illegally to vandalise it with a sticker, so in the process they break the law themselves. Who is policing the RAF Police and SWO's teams when they illegally park their vehicle?

Stick one of these in each corner of your windscreen ...

parking_zps33826b44.jpg

rocket scientist

Sergeant
What. So you think that it is perfectly acceptable to attach something to someones car that will require hot, soapy water to get off? How about I go cover your car in yellow stickers and watch you get them off. You will only need hot, soapy water. I am sure you carry bottles of the stuff with you.
I see it as one case of causing inconvenience being countered with another.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Where is EXTCWTG3SAC lately? has he gone back into hibernation?:pDT_Xtremez_14:

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
Where is EXTCWTG3SAC lately? has he gone back into hibernation?:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Judging by his past performance (no guide to the future :pDT_Xtremez_15:), he'll be back in 2020. No doubt he'll have a list of complaints about the injustices of being a 39 year old singley still living in the block, etc., etc.