• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Myths

J

Jag Fag

We've all heard stories relayed from a mate of a mate of a mate. I thought it may be interesting to hear a few more. I'll start with this:

The inexperienced mover loading a C130 with a consignment of sidewinders who removed all of the 'REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT' pins on the missiles. :eek:

Surely this event cannot have happened - anyone else with any other RAF Myths?

firestorm

Warrant Officer
An old one......
Chief Tech walked through the contra-rotating props of a fired up Shackleton and remained unscathed, but died of shock.

M

M_for_Mother

Anything that ends in ´and then a Bus full of nurses turned up!´

That Bus never turns up. The closest I ever came to that to that experience was a couple of Noreland (sic?) Nannies pitching up to a Sqn BBQ in 2001, and they were tripple baggers.

Anyone who promises that Bus should be immediately shot.

Goaty

Corporal
You've got to ask yourself how true it is about leckies and dogs. Personally I believe every word of it and enjoy calling them Dog Fornicators...

R

Red Flare

Old-timers keep telling me of a substantial pay-rise once, in the early 90s just before I joined up. Something to do with the Gulf War. Well we've had another one since then and I've been living beyond my means since... I'm now thinking that it was a myth.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I can tell you that the pay rise after Gulf War 1 was pretty good. I think it was a 12% payrise if I remember rightly.

Line35

LAC
Vc10 Captain Waits For Lemons!!

Vc10 Captain Waits For Lemons!!

Yes honest, I was there - a VC10 Captain wouldn't allow the doors to close until 'In-Flight' had delivered the lemons missed off the in-flight rations.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
M_for_Mother said:
Anything that ends in ´and then a Bus full of nurses turned up!´

That Bus never turns up. The closest I ever came to that to that experience was a couple of Noreland (sic?) Nannies pitching up to a Sqn BBQ in 2001, and they were tripple baggers.

Anyone who promises that Bus should be immediately shot.

We fell foul of the reverse of that down south last year. Got told there was a bus load of nurses coming up from Stanley to the mess, ignored it, went on the pi55 elsewhere,by the time we got to last orders in the mess the bus load of nurses were just leaving, it was true! Doh!

G

Gentle Ben

Very similar to the bus load of nurses tale is the old

'swedish volleyball team' are in town for a competition

Guaranteed to make the swantons excited :p :)

F

fugmeister general

what about the old "you should of seen it here 1/2 an hour before you arrived all the women were stunning but they all left to goto a party" or "you should of seen the birds in here earlier they were all over us but they had to go home as they had work the next day" trick . they should all be publicly humiliated for these...:rolleyes: