• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Hospitals

ailiebird

Corporal
My lad was born in Wegberg, had the chop and pi$$ed out my kidney stones there. What a nice hospital that was.

The old Halton site when I was last there (3 yrs ago) is falling apart, what a shame, so much history there. I think the burned aircrew from WWII went there for treatment.

Nocton was a good skive for the Duty MTD from Waddo, all you did was take bloods from there to Boston Hospital.

R

riggertoSTAB

Some say Wroughton is the ideal place for a Service Hospital given the current situation. Slap bang between Lynham and Brize.

I know lets see if Uncle Gordon will approve a new charity! We could call it Help Save a Floundering Government and Pay for the Hospital Our Forces Deserve!

Oooh I must stop taking these cynical pills!

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I remember RAFH Nocton Hall. Lovely old hall. I vaguely remember the sharp bend on the road in the village leading upto the hospital.

Halton another One I remember.

RAFH Wroughton: I was taken from my base in the wilds of Northern Scotland to be part of the guard force. If I remember correctly, It was for a Two week period. I remember the guys on the barrier stopping some double deck bus and demanding IDs etc....It only happened once, as we were politely informed that it was not the done thing at Wroughton.

NAAFI bop was good at Wroughton!

Oh wan't it just. We used to go there from Yatesbury and had a splendid time.
Whilst in RAFG, I had to go into Wegberg for a day or two (miles of bloody bandages up both nostrils). The thing that really p155ed me off was that Blodwyn always made the most insipid chocolate drink at night. She would or could, not 'do coffee', so I bought some off the trolley and asked her to do one for me. Bless her, she did !

dkh51250

Sergeant
Following a conversation with a friend, seeking an answer to this question. Where are death certificates for patients who died in service hospitals kept? The individual, a serving airman, died in 1935 at RAF(H) Halton. If anyone out there has the answer, it would assist in completing a family tree.

gray

Sergeant
Following a conversation with a friend, seeking an answer to this question. Where are death certificates for patients who died in service hospitals kept? The individual, a serving airman, died in 1935 at RAF(H) Halton. If anyone out there has the answer, it would assist in completing a family tree.

I'm not sure how far back their records go, but try here ?

https://www.raf.mod.uk/community/family/request-for-information-from-service-records/

Do they have to be registered with the local area records too ... ie the Bucks Deaths register office ?

FOMz

Warrant Officer

I born in a service hospital and had to get a replacement birth certificate a few years back and had to go through the Gov.uk website to get one.. its the same for death certificates as well..

https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate#before-you-start

Malesu

Corporal
Subscriber
Born at Wroughton. Sneaked in brandy via 2L bottle of coke for my dad at akrotiri. Not a RAF hospital,but Haslar was fun as the trainee nurses block was next to mine when i was ar HMS Sultan. Bop nights were fun

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Molar Mob

KOS
Penfold,

Was the golf course still operating in 2013?

I was stationed at TPMH 1975-1978, the course had gone into disrepair during the troubles and was resurrected by the dental dept, a Chf Tech and myself. We had the course to ourselves for two months and then it became very popular. I was lucky enough to be the first person to get a hole in one there on the first hole and when I say lucky it was lucky.