• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF home loans

Hi.
Does anyone know if I went for a commission and got a short service commission of 9 years, would I still be able to apply for a half salary home loan as the way I read it, you need to have 10 years service left to apply for one.
Thanks.

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
My understanding is that it is taken back at a rate that will repay it in ten years. If you do less than ten years any outstanding is taken from your gratuity.

PTR Hoar

Sergeant
When I first got it I was on a 9 year engagement and because i was charged an amount that would pay the entirety back before completion of my 9 years. After signing on to 12 and subsequently 22 you get a fair bit more wiggle room.

B

bluetonic

Do you know when we can apply for a half salary home loan? Am i right in thinking April14? Thanks

Noidea

SAC
Forces Help to Buy

Forces Help to Buy

Comes into effect from 1 Apr 14.

Expect the DiN to be published in the net few weeks with the details(broadly similar to LSAP rules) . In essence, up to 50% of your salary capped at £25k. Likely to be repayable over 10 year period, but if you go before that then any balance taken from your gratuity. Once taken expect to loose eligibility for SFA.

Remember this is only a trial for 3 years.