• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Binbrook

• Thread starter Fablon biff chit
  • Start date

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
played rugby there in 86 or 87 I think, the brain cells are going fast. Played in the last bomb there before it moved to Halton as well think that was '87

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Played footy there in 87, grim bleak place. Always used to hear about suicides there but most people who worked there that I spoke to loved it.

G

gemarriott

Binbrook on the hill, nothing between it and the steppes if you listened to the locals

W

waafia

It was my first tour, 86-88, marvellous place. Everybody was in the same boat really, stuck up a hill and you had to be a techie in those days to afford a car! For some reason we always wanted to be signed into the Cpl's Club coz we thought it was posh!

P

PLC1966

Binbrook

Binbrook

Not quite a V-Bomber place though....

a V-Fighter with a rocket up the arse place more like...

Surprised the fella didn't take pictures of the Alternate Binbrook Pans. After all, the North Sea and the The Wash are not that far away.

Dragoon

Sergeant
I went and had a look at the place a few years ago, check out the place having spent a few of my toddler years there before the old man got posted when it shut.

Looks terrible, all the MQ's seemed to be owned by grotty criminals!
(I remember some kind of rumour of the place being used to re-house disruptive families)

Fond memories tho....the library truck coming around and the MT bus to the primary school down the hill

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Surprised the fella didn't take pictures of the Alternate Binbrook Pans. After all, the North Sea and the The Wash are not that far away.

RAF Dogger Bank has a few parked up as well

bigred1

SAC
Spent four years there 84-88 then went swingy with XI in North Yorks. Good and bad times but wouldn't have missed 'em! Even had a laugh when the arsonist was trying to burn us all (on the night of the officers mess summer ball on one occasion!) Pluff, Click 'em and Cleethorpes. Excellent!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

P

phoenix

Binbrook update

Binbrook update

just a short note to update the current state of Binbrook - the quarters are not quite as bad as made out earlier, only 2 streets now resemble war torn Beirut, the remainder of the disruptive element having been thrown out, for a while it would have been better if the place had been turned into a prison as initially rumoured at least they would have been locked up - well at least until this government released them early - the only other eyesore on the camp is the old officers mess annex at the moment it would not look out of place in Kabul being untouched since the day the camp closed in 88. One final point for the drinkers the "pluff" still open but dying and the "Granby" now converted into houses

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
just a short note to update the current state of Binbrook - the quarters are not quite as bad as made out earlier, only 2 streets now resemble war torn Beirut, the remainder of the disruptive element having been thrown out, for a while it would have been better if the place had been turned into a prison as initially rumoured at least they would have been locked up - well at least until this government released them early - the only other eyesore on the camp is the old officers mess annex at the moment it would not look out of place in Kabul being untouched since the day the camp closed in 88. One final point for the drinkers the "pluff" still open but dying and the "Granby" now converted into houses

The Marquis (of Granby) used to be our normal lunchtime/afternoon drinking hole before we went onto nights !! Always friendly and played many a game of pool there. The Plough on the other hand, went there when i wanted to get pi$$ed....they had a nice polish spirit in a very small bottle (about 40-50% proof if i remember) that was lethal......always ended up having a few though !

Sad to hear the pub is now houses.....Does the house on the road between the old Marquis and Binbrook still have the Lighnings Fin in the Garden ?

Crack on.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

P

phoenix

The Marquis (of Granby) used to be our normal lunchtime/afternoon drinking hole before we went onto nights !! Always friendly and played many a game of pool there. The Plough on the other hand, went there when i wanted to get pi$$ed....they had a nice polish spirit in a very small bottle (about 40-50% proof if i remember) that was lethal......always ended up having a few though !

Sad to hear the pub is now houses.....Does the house on the road between the old Marquis and Binbrook still have the Lighnings Fin in the Garden ?

Crack on.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

If the Polish spirit was strong you should have tried the other special bottle where Dave or Brian accumulated all the residues from the bottles on the optics and allowed them to mature together, now that cleared the old passages.
The lightning fin is now in front of the school with the squadron markings from V & XI on either side.