• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Basic training kit list

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
So expecting a recruit to adhere to Recruit Orders (Like SROs/ SSROs/ DetROs for example) makes me 'self righteous'?

Standards are there to be maintained. It's what delegates the Military from Civilians.

I think you mean DIFFERENTIATE!!! :-D!!! I think you should stay in that environment. Well suited. Commission next??? ;-)

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I get the message that MattBH is sending.

I was referring to my own experience at Swinders 25 years ago.

Things change, so any recruits or potential recruits, read what MattBH has written. He is in a much better place to comment on how things work in recruit training as opposed to 99.9% of the people here on E-Goat

Put it this way, I wouldn't expect a techie to ignore debris on an engine mag chip and replace them with new ones without acting upon the findings. Hiding a dirty mag chip means hiding a potential engine problem and nobody wants that, for obvious reasons

MattBombHead

Sergeant
I think you mean DIFFERENTIATE!!! :-D!!! I think you should stay in that environment. Well suited. Commission next??? ;-)

It's a fair cop RJL... ;)

I'm out of that environment now, and have been for around 2years.

As for a commission, no chance - 1238 days left, and counting...

MattBombHead

Sergeant
I get the message that MattBH is sending.

I was referring to my own experience at Swinders 25 years ago.

Things change, so any recruits or potential recruits, read what MattBH has written. He is in a much better place to comment on how things work in recruit training as opposed to 99.9% of the people here on E-Goat

Put it this way, I wouldn't expect a techie to ignore debris on an engine mag chip and replace them with new ones without acting upon the findings. Hiding a dirty mag chip means hiding a potential engine problem and nobody wants that, for obvious reasons

Thanks TW, more eloquently put than I managed👍🏻