• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quals in Facilities Management

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
With only a couple of years to go, I'm looking at a new career in Facilities Management, however I am unsure at this stage about which courses to do, at what level, etc. I have had a fleeting hand in works and infra over the years and it is an area that I've enjoyed working in and want to take it forward into civvy street. Has anyone had experiene of facilities management before, indeed is anyone working in that field now or planning to work after discharge? If so, what qualifications and courses are recommended?

ANY info on courses, qualifications, costs, etc is gratefully received.

sparks will fly

Corporal
I am a facilities supervisor what you need is dependant on your trade mech or elect. Appointed Persons is a big help for the likes of HV LV installations (JSP375 for MOD site and HTM for Health Care) working at hieghts, pressure systems and confined spaces all good tickets to have. CSCS card or human focus for working on site is a must have. IOSH, a sound knowledge of HVAC will help as well as fire and emergency lighting regs. CAFM is the computer generated job cards for reactive and ppm works. First aid at work is good to have.