• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR times go up

4everAD

Sergeant
PVR times on the up, 12 months for Sgt and FS, is it now official that we can't keep people in or are we still denying the mass exodus?

Janner

LAC
Manning levels are at a critical point. This coincides with AFPS15, NEM, and the recent news that MQ charges will be reviewed (and not in a good way(. It's fair to say they are papping themselves; TG4 is imploding from the middle out.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've heard they've lowered the AST scores and are now phoning up candidates that failed to get them back through the door as ICT techs!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Will/has the wind down of AFG have/had an effect on manning levels? Is this part of someones 5 year plan for the trade do you think or is there not that level or depth of planning going on?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
TG4 is a pinch point trade, cannot get them through the door.

unruly1986

Sergeant
Manning levels are at a critical point. This coincides with AFPS15, NEM, and the recent news that MQ charges will be reviewed (and not in a good way(. It's fair to say they are papping themselves; TG4 is imploding from the middle out.

Who is 'they'? Manning? A6?

What are the reasons for the amount of PVRs that are going in? 175+ TG4 this year apparently.

Janner

LAC
Yeah, both. A6 because we will cease to operate effectively and Manning because they cant plug the gaps to allow the trade to operate effectively.

With the announcement of the Marshall contract winners today it will further remind many that the future is iHub or deployable units. With the pension going to the dogs and the trade not offering technicians any challenge, TG4 will suffer more before it has a chance of revival.

G

Gord

Excuse my ignorance but WTF is TG4. Trade Group I get but what does the 4 stand for?

ScoobTech

Sergeant
Trade Group 4 is the ******* amalgamation of part of Trade Group 11 (telecoms Operators) and Trade Group 3 Ground Electronics, and given the name of Information Communications Technology Technician. As people have said above the Trade has two problems, one is not being able to recruit enough to replace the loss of people reaching end of service, with the fact that the trade is losing ****loads to PVR

4everAD

Sergeant
unruly1986
£2k golden hello for recruits - will it work?

Rumour or fact? If true where are the details please?

hugo_a_go_go

Corporal
Just noticed that the FAD's have now mostly been changed to 5 year's, thought the new model hadn't been introduced yet?

Knock-on will be more people sticking their notice in, while the same old Lincolnshire luvvies are safe yet again.

4everAD said:
Rumour or fact? If true where are the details please?

Heard it thista as well. Not finalised, but certainly in the offing and seemingly being briefed by a high-ranking officer.

Quick fix to a bigger problem, but I think it'll work. Offer that much to most sprogs and they'll snap your arm off for it!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just noticed that the FAD's have now mostly been changed to 5 year's, thought the new model hadn't been introduced yet?

Knock-on will be more people sticking their notice in, while the same old Lincolnshire luvvies are safe yet again.

FADs went out to 5 years a while ago mate....there was a note put out about it, gist being that as most people were happy to stay put at three year review point they were just going to go to a standard 5.

hugo_a_go_go

Corporal
FADs went out to 5 years a while ago mate....there was a note put out about it, gist being that as most people were happy to stay put at three year review point they were just going to go to a standard 5.

But a standard 5 year tour in a post where you are going no-where (career wise) due to location/job/COC, will just push people who already qualify for the AFPS 75 pension to exit.

All this family stability rubbish only helps those in locations where you can afford to purchase homes etc. LAC who is posted to Main Building/PJHQ can spend more than half of his initial 9 year service in limbo due to location.

I have seen too many young SAC(T)s leave as they think "what's the point", if i don't get the nod for overseas i'm stuck here for 5 years.

ScoobTech

Sergeant
But a standard 5 year tour in a post where you are going no-where (career wise) due to location/job/COC, will just push people who already qualify for the AFPS 75 pension to exit.

All this family stability rubbish only helps those in locations where you can afford to purchase homes etc. LAC who is posted to Main Building/PJHQ can spend more than half of his initial 9 year service in limbo due to location.

I have seen too many young SAC(T)s leave as they think "what's the point", if i don't get the nod for overseas i'm stuck here for 5 years.

The FADs are to guide people in knowing the likely time a particular job will becaome available, if you don't like somewhere as a SNCO you can still try and negotiate a move earlier than that.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
if you don't like somewhere as a SNCO you can still try and negotiate a move earlier than that.

Good luck with that. IME manning play hardball and if you end up in a location you don't like you're fooked.

gray

Sergeant
Good luck with that. IME manning play hardball and if you end up in a location you don't like you're fooked.

I escaped at the 3 yr point after speaking nicely to my CM (why are they called that - my career was never managed !)

Wouldn't let me leave earlier ...

chumpzilla

Sergeant
So, what you're saying is..... Is that the illusion of choice is apparent for the TCSM scheme but ultimately you're at the mercy of the drafters mood?