• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR/Notice/Resettlement Info needed please!

fatbaldchief

Corporal
A friend of mine has reaches his 22 years in October and wants to leave next May.

If he puts his notice in he will have to do the full 18 months as his section cannot run light without him.

What is the situation with regards to PVR and resettlement options?

If he PVRs in November to make his exit date next May will he be entitled to full resettlement starting from now?

Any info/links/Ap refs will be much appreciated. Thanks Shiney Chaps
:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Major Geek

Sergeant
I am not a shiney but if it helps I "PVRd" September 06 to leave in June 08, my 22 was up Aug 07 this year. Full resettlement in last 2 years of service.

T

terry14

I was a shiney once upon a time until I saw the light and PVR'd.

If he does decide to PVR i November and his Minimum Waiting Time is 6 months he is entilted to the full 6 weeks (or maybe even 7 I can't remember) resettlement training starting from the day he PVRs.

This is an entitlement nowadays and not a privelidge. His section would need to find the time for him to attend this and he can take it higher if they cannot

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
If the waiting time is 12 months and the section are unwilling to run light then he will have to stay on the payroll until Nov 08.

He can use his resettlement anytime in his last 2 years of service, so once his PVR is accepted he can use it. Having completed more than 16 years service he will get the full entitlement of 35 days plus the 5 'free' days for career transition workshop and a couple of other things.

The best advice is for him to make an appointment to see the regional resettlement advisor asap.

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
A friend of mine has reaches his 22 years in October and wants to leave next May.

If he puts his notice in he will have to do the full 18 months as his section cannot run light without him.

What is the situation with regards to PVR and resettlement options?

If he PVRs in November to make his exit date next May will he be entitled to full resettlement starting from now?

Any info/links/Ap refs will be much appreciated. Thanks Shiney Chaps
:pDT_Xtremez_30:

He only has to do 6 or 12 months depending on his trade.

If he PVR's now he will be sent for a resettlement brief and can start full resettlement straight after that. Previous poster's are right in saying once he start's resettlement he has the right to attend courses regardless of how busy his section is.

Even if his MWT is 12 months and they don't let him out early, if he times his annual leave, terminal leave and resettlement he his likely to be out of the RAF by May anyway. PSF/Resettlement services can help in planning this.

If he should get a job offer after commencing his PVR he can apply to leave early to take it up.