• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR & Leave

A serious question for the Shineys; what is the policy on PVR and Leave, i.e. if I put in my PVR on 02 Apr do I get the full leave entitlement for the following year, or do I just get the six months worth for my notice served? Any guidance or the answer gratefully received.

Drill Bit

Sergeant
A serious question for the Shineys; what is the policy on PVR and Leave, i.e. if I put in my PVR on 02 Apr do I get the full leave entitlement for the following year, or do I just get the six months worth for my notice served? Any guidance or the answer gratefully received.
In short, you don't get the full annual leave entitlement. You'll get a pro-rata leave entitlement.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
What is the rate next year?

What is the rate next year?

Anyone know how they work it out now.
Seem to remember 2.5 days a month.
But this year we get 40 days IIRC, with the bank holidays so would that give us 3 1/3 days a month?

I'm going this year too and just wondering.

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Just a warning

If you plan to leave 6 months after 02 Apr 12, consider putting your application in now as you have the option of setting any date (up to 2 years I believe).

The danger of waiting until Apr is they could extend PVR minimum waiting times to allow for reshuffling after the 'final' round of redundancies. There would be no disadvantage to pressing the terminate button early if you are absolutely sure you want to leave at a given date (unless you are Aircrew where 'flying pay' is reduced).

The other advantage of applying early is you will be able to start resettlement before the redundees pile out, taking priority, and affect your plans for training etc.

DON'T press the terminate button unless you are absolutely sure you want to go as the chances of changing your mind are minimal.

Good luck for the future.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Anyone know how they work it out now.
Seem to remember 2.5 days a month.
But this year we get 40 days IIRC, with the bank holidays so would that give us 3 1/3 days a month?

I'm going this year too and just wondering.

JPA automatically calculates it as 2.5 days per month and will re-adjust your leave balance. However, the Termination Clerk can (and should) perform a manual calculation based on how many days you have between 1 Apr and your Termination Date. That figure should then be divided by 365 and multiplied by 30 (your annual entitlement), then added to how many Public Holidays are in the period you are still in employment.

Eg, in a routine year where we have 8 Public Holidays and 30 Annual, someone PVRs and requests a discharge date of 31 Aug, which is 153 working days:

JPA would calculate 153/365*38 = 15.93 and round it up to 16.

The Termination Clk should work it out like this:

30+31+30+31+31+1=153
153/365*30 = 12.57
12.57 + 5 Bank Hols = 17.57
Round up to 18 days.

Net result being you get paid for an extra 2 days for doing nowt!

Also make sure your last paid day of service is a Sunday, so you always get another 2 days pay!

wally375

Corporal
Just a warning

If you plan to leave 6 months after 02 Apr 12, consider putting your application in now as you have the option of setting any date (up to 2 years I believe).

The danger of waiting until Apr is they could extend PVR minimum waiting times to allow for reshuffling after the 'final' round of redundancies. There would be no disadvantage to pressing the terminate button early if you are absolutely sure you want to leave at a given date (unless you are Aircrew where 'flying pay' is reduced).

The other advantage of applying early is you will be able to start resettlement before the redundees pile out, taking priority, and affect your plans for training etc.

DON'T press the terminate button unless you are absolutely sure you want to go as the chances of changing your mind are minimal.

Good luck for the future.

Thanks for the info...and I didn't ask the quesiton! Time for a re-think.

When I PVR'd, I was allowed to take all my remaining leave. This was due to JPA not being set up to adjust leave if you PVR'd AFTER April, and were out before the following April. I had to keep confirming this with the discharge clerk, as I was banking on being out a fair bit later.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It can come down to the effort employed by the Discharge clk and his line manager, if you had to keep asking for it to be confirmed then I guess you never got it in writing.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk

It can come down to the effort employed by the Discharge clk and his line manager, if you had to keep asking for it to be confirmed then I guess you never got it in writing.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk

I had it on Email, and it pretty much said. "your leave is staying as it is, enjoy your holiday"