• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR and get out early.

Has anyone PRV'd and had a problem getting out early if they have a job offer in writing.
If you hvae had a problem of not getting to go early did you get around it anyway.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I was 28 days from talking to my deskie to handing my ID card in...I used simple language and reasoning to talk them into letting me go.

briggfairy

Sergeant
i gave a years notice and got a job offer after about 6 months, a brief chat with the chief clk and trade desk on the monday and i handed my id in on the friday

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
The techies at Bzn are being held to 6 months, I assume that's RAF wide. With terminal and resettlement leave people are going in about 3 months

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Times change... - I PVR'd - was told the notice periods had changed 2 weeks before - but the announcement missed the publication in SROs - I was disestablished and posted 140 miles away from home (lost the job...) - worked the full notice period of 18 months and walked into another job. Cnut of a chief clerk laughed at me... after 25 years of service, he nearly had my fist down his throat!

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Went for a job interview at the start of Mar 05. Got a formal offer mid MAr, and whacked my PVR in straight after - walked out the main gate on 01 Jul 2005 and was fully out on Aug 31 the same year.

I'm 5 months short of my exit date, submitted my ET asking to finish 2 months early and was told you have to meet the current MWT, which is 12 months. Looking forward to submitting a Service Complaint tomorrow considering the same establishment recently let someone go with 2 months notice.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
Here is the pension rule (just in case it should be of help):

D.2 Immediate pension point
. (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (5)(a) where a member whose pension rank is that of an officer, the immediate pension point is the point at which the member has 16 years’ qualifying service that were served from the age of 21. 

. (2) Subject to paragraph (5)(a), in the case of a member whose pension rank is that of an officer who has served otherwise than as an officer (SO, AN OFFICER PROMOTED FROM THE RANKS), the immediate pension point is the point at which the member— 

(a) hasatleast16years’qualifyingservice—
(i) that were served from the age of 21; and
(ii) atleast5yearsofwhichwereservedasanofficer;or
(b) hasatleast22years’qualifyingservicethatwereservedfromtheageof 18.
. (3) Subject to paragraph (5)(b) where a member whose pension rank is not that of an officer, the immediate pension point is the point at which the member has at least 22 years’ qualifying service that were served from the age of 18. 

. (4) A member whose pension rank is not that of an officer who ceases to be in service before reaching the immediate pension point is treated for the purpose of paragraph (3) as ceasing to be in service at the immediate pension point if— 
(a) thememberonceasingtobeinservicehasaleast21years’and274days’ qualifying service from the age of 18; and 

(b) the Scheme administrator is satisfied that the member intends immediately on ceasing to be in service to—
. (i) enter civilian employment and that employment must start before the member reaches the immediate pension point (apart from this rule); or 

. (ii) begin full-time education or a training course at an educational establishment which starts before the member reaches the immediate pension point (apart from this rule). 

If you are a member and need someone to cast an eye over your service complaint, please contact us at pensionenquiries@forpen.co.uk

rocket scientist

Sergeant
Has anybody got some up to date information or experience on the "leaving with a job offer" question please?

I've got about 5 years left until LOS32 now (aged 52) and in this part of the world, jobs aren't that plentiful - I can either complete my full service and stack shelves at Tesco but if a decent job comes up with the civvy company I work with, I'd be stupid not to bang out early.

It seems like a bit of a catch 22 situation - If I leave early, I've got 12 months (I'm Av Tech) to find a job and there might not be the one I'm after in which case I might as well stay in but on the other hand, if I get offered a job I might not be able to accept it. Ooh decisions, decisions.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Has anybody got some up to date information or experience on the "leaving with a job offer" question please?

I've got about 5 years left until LOS32 now (aged 52) and in this part of the world, jobs aren't that plentiful - I can either complete my full service and stack shelves at Tesco but if a decent job comes up with the civvy company I work with, I'd be stupid not to bang out early.

It seems like a bit of a catch 22 situation - If I leave early, I've got 12 months (I'm Av Tech) to find a job and there might not be the one I'm after in which case I might as well stay in but on the other hand, if I get offered a job I might not be able to accept it. Ooh decisions, decisions.

Stay in and draw the maximum pension then get yourself a part time job for 16 - 20 hours a week and enjoy your retirement - you deserve it.

rocket scientist

Sergeant
Stay in and draw the maximum pension then get yourself a part time job for 16 - 20 hours a week and enjoy your retirement - you deserve it.

Well ideally, that is the plan and 'er indoors would love more time together but it all depends on my ability to refrain from burying my boss in the nearby woods really :pDT_Xtremez_25: