• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PTSD - more and more stories coming to light

Dan_Brown

Sergeant

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I don't think he's suggesting these guys are lying, but I don't think it's wrong to suggest that of 100% of PTSD claims, a very small percentage MAY in fact be malingerers, jumping on an easy bandwagon.

I think it's fair to say that anyone who's been on the front line, under fire (whether that's direct or indirect fire), will be psychologically affected in some way (except, perhaps, sociopaths and psychopaths). But it's equally fair to say that some people just want an easy way out of the military - and a claim for PTSD is one of those ways. It's not morally right, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
will we soon all be getting phonecalls "Have you claimed for your PTSD?"

TBH, given the current state of our manning and how our 'daily stresses' are regularly in the press, I wouldn't be surprised if some big solicitors firm started targeting people leaving the Armed Forces for stress related / PTSD type claims against the MOD. After all, there's plenty of topics that cause massive stress within the forces that could push someone with PTSD over the edge - Pay, conditions, housing, pensions, working hours, working patterns, deployment length and regularity, promotions (lack of), the pension trap, etc etc... all evidence, easily found via social media / FOIA requests.

gray

Sergeant
I'm ok - I got my decompression day, with tea and a bacon roll. It was only 3 months after I got back.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I'm ok - I got my decompression day, with tea and a bacon roll. It was only 3 months after I got back.

That must be a growing trend - I got mine last week, but I came back off det in December 2016. There was one poor sod there who'd been roped into attending (cos they're mandatory, apparently) 2 and a half years!!! after getting back off Herrick. Lucky he wasn't suffering from PSTD, eh?