• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PT at Halton

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Nice trainers they seem to be from 2006? i cant find them.

I get my reserves kit on the 7th April I hope I am going to get the training kit !

Not unless things have radically changed...the only PT you will do is Sqn PT and you can wear what you want for that. You don't do PT at Halton (no time).

Not unless things have radically changed...the only PT you will do is Sqn PT and you can wear what you want for that. You don't do PT at Halton (no time).

Oh ok I was told we do the press ups pre ft with sqn and was told to be ready for Halton doing 2.5km run and also bleeps and sit ups etc was then told some of us would be put in groups and would do runs. Its 15 days though i dont know the timetable.

They were very keen that we will be doing pt on the first weekend in may? not sure if thats right then.

In any event seems a shame the kit looks good !

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Ask the last lot that went through then. I went through in Nov 13, so they may have changed it back again.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
have been assured they will beat all keenness, grinning, jokes, laughing and general happiness out over the next 4 weekends training.

Nah, RTS is all pink and fluffy these days. Go back 10 years and you were ripped a new one for stuff not being done right; go back 20 years you given a slap if things weren't done right; these days, you can expect a thorough finger-waggling, your DS/DI will tell you how 'disappointed' he or she is, and you'll get a bit of paper to commemorate your naughtyness (used to call them TOFs or something I think, might be called something else now). Regardless, I quite enjoyed basic even back in the early 2000s, I'm sure there's still some fun to be had in the new, policitally correct RAF Halton...

Nah, RTS is all pink and fluffy these days. Go back 10 years and you were ripped a new one for stuff not being done right; go back 20 years you given a slap if things weren't done right; these days, you can expect a thorough finger-waggling, your DS/DI will tell you how 'disappointed' he or she is, and you'll get a bit of paper to commemorate your naughtyness (used to call them TOFs or something I think, might be called something else now). Regardless, I quite enjoyed basic even back in the early 2000s, I'm sure there's still some fun to be had in the new, policitally correct RAF Halton...

Oh I was quite looking forward to the beasting ... and I am in no way politically correct or even compliant .. army brat who turned out a bit bent / bi and then some and is now old enough too not care (being professional aside) ... I am very much looking forward to it ... I hear they don't even shout at you much anymore ... very disappointing ... I think Halton hasn't prepared for my arrival, just thinking of ways to make a statement from day one ... if your gonna do it, do it balls deep i say ! ..

And in all seriousness, I realise its all H&S today but you are joining the military has to have some aspect of dealing with it and getting on. My only downside is fitness but working hard on it, otherwise I am going to make sure I enjoy 24/7 ... until they get fed up of me.

I know its not the same but recruits these days (only as i see on tv nothing esle) they cant take themselves away from the mobile phones and or get homesick? and or cant cope with actually being told no ... I look forward to the second weekend to see who comes back ....