• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Protein shakes - what are you taking?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I've been regularly taking a protein supplement (No sniggering at the back, it's made in a lab and not someone's prostate.....) for the past 3 months now as both a recovery shake after a good workout or as a meal replacement. (Principally the weight loss / energy increase has been down to the extra training and the fact I don't eat massive amounts of bread, cheese and processed meat any more for lunch)

Currently I use Dymatize Elite Whey particularly the Chocolate flavours as you still get you sweet tooth fix with non of the guilt. It also actually costs me less now on a monthly basis as opposed to what I used to have to buy in for my lunch box.

So just what products are the rest of the gym rats on here using?

T

The Masked Geek

Holland and Barrats Hardcore Whey at the moment but only because it's on BOGOFF.

KingGuin

Sergeant
GN Body Fuel Isolator. Slightly more expensive than H&B but its's easy on the gut, mixes well and seems to work for me.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Protein Shakes? Bugger that, lardass pie and chips, washed down with a Stella or three....can't beat it.

SCJ

Personally, I find the Holland & Barrett stuff to be cheap and nasty, poor quality.

I have been using a site called myprotein.co.uk for all my whey, good value, good service. You can also order the powder in a bag, instead of a giant tub, this keeps the cost down. You can even buy it unflavoured to make it better value still.

Aside from protein, the product I would reccomend most is called Pink Magic by USP Labs. Look it up.

fed_up_scribbly

Corporal
Personally, I find the Holland & Barrett stuff to be cheap and nasty, poor quality.

I have been using a site called myprotein.co.uk for all my whey, good value, good service. You can also order the powder in a bag, instead of a giant tub, this keeps the cost down. You can even buy it unflavoured to make it better value still.

Aside from protein, the product I would reccomend most is called Pink Magic by USP Labs. Look it up.

According to a few of the muscle-jockey forums there still appear to be a few risks associated with Pink Magic and what effects it has on the heart. Not really worth the gamble in my humble opinion.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I'm getting pretty good results with what I have mentioned so far and I have also tried H&B in the past but as ever a warehouse on the tinterweb can always offer better for less. Plus anything suspect isn't my bag especially with my date at OASC coming up.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
I've been getting regular amounts of Protein for years.... never done me any harm! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

I usually use myprotein.co.uk shakes which I have mid morning but am currently working my way through some Maximuscle (Mint Choc flavour!) protein which I got free - usually costs a blooming fortune.

After the gym I use the myprotein Recovery XS which is ok flavourwise (I have strawberry flavour atm) but it's is not nearly as nice as the maximuscle Recovermax, thing is it's better than half the price of the maximuscle stuff!

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
I've been getting regular amounts of Protein for years.... never done me any harm! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

bukkake_danger.png

Beefcake

LAC
Reflex One Stop, Choc Mint. Best All-in one on the market and bitch slaps Maximuscle to the ground. Some very good deals on the web at the moment, just have a good look around.

Happy Training Beefcakes!!!!!!