• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Princess of Wales. Cancer diagnosis.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'm not so sure the main stream UK media (even the red tops) are the problem or need further regulating; I think the problem area has been the anonymous garbage merchants on X and FB etc. The foreign media and the idiots on (anti) social media are a tougher nut to crack sadly.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It once again shows that cancer is indiscriminate and social standing or status means nothing.

Personally, I wish Kate a speedy recovery as I do all who discover they have cancer. My heart goes out to those who battle it, but I remain mindful in the knowledge that many won't make it through.

What an awful condition to be afflicted with.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I lost someone extremely close to me in December to Cancer. For 3 years she fought it brilliantly and did fantastically well but in the last month it really took hold and the battle was lost. I wouldn't wish this illness on anyone regardless of social standing, wealth, age or strength of character. Cancer sucks yet it touches most of us at some point in our lives either through family members or friends. I hope Kate recovers not because she's the Princess of Wales but because she's a young mum with three kids.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
It appears that she had decided over a fortnight ago to go public and was just waiting for the end of term for her kids before doing that. However, some of the social media crap that has been out there has been completely out of order I totally agree regarding giving her the privacy she needs right now and best wishes for her speedy recovery.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It appears that she had decided over a fortnight ago to go public and was just waiting for the end of term for her kids before doing that. However, some of the social media crap that has been out there has been completely out of order I totally agree regarding giving her the privacy she needs right now and best wishes for her speedy recovery.
I for one cheer your heroic stance of coming on a social media platform to tell us all you'll be respecting her privacy and not commenting.

The very definition of Virtue Signalling.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Some media need to understand she is very well respected and likeable. Public will not tolerate any kind of media microscope on her, and they will go to town on the media if it goes too far. Which seems to be the case currently. Ref foreign media, agree they are a real tough nut but can be way more unscrupulous than the UK media.