• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post attestation questions

Surfr

LAC
Hi all. After trying to apply to various units around the country, I have finally got an attestation date in a couple of weeks at a new squadron (614 county of Glamorgan). I can't wait to get going.

Im a product of the new system which leaves the Capita medical and the fitness test until after atteststion so there could be hiccups there yet. I'm curious as to what rank I would hold post attestation. Are you an AC at this point or only after BRTC?

The first weekend of training is mid January. I understand that kitting is part of the first day and includes PCS and PLCE but what about blue uniform? An old post on here alluded to this coming a long way down the line. What gets issued as far as blue uniform? No 1 and 2? Are items like stable belts issued or purchased individually? I remember having to buy our own when I was a cadet.

Finally, what are the regs on wearing non issue kit, e.g. A victor beret from snaith/silvermans etc.? Likely to get pulled up for it at Halton? Best keep that sort of thing at home for back on the squadron perhaps?

Finally, any other ICT Tech Augies out there? Would love to hear about trade training. I know nothing as everything only talks about the regulars and 9 months at 1 RS, cossford, which I know we don't attend.

Entropy

Sergeant
For the trades available on 614 Sqn, for BRTC and your phase 2 trainig you will be an AC. Once you have finished your trade training you will become a LAC.

As for fitness test make sure that you can pass it. A fail can put your plans back by 6 months or more.

For BRTC you will only need PCS and No. 2s will be issued as and when necessary, this may vary from Sqn to Sqn and by trade.

For non standard kit, that would be a case of NO. Wait until your on the Sqn, why spend money until you are on a flight?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Many squadrons are witholding kitting of PCS and any other next to skin items because of the very high lielihood of a few people not making the medical or fitness standards. Prepare to find yourself in denims until you have done so.#

Surfr

LAC
What are denims? I'm imagining overalls in my head. Is it that bad?

Imagine the poor soul issued only with denims who wants to turn out to their local remembrance parade in uniform.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What are denims? I'm imagining overalls in my head. Is it that bad?

Imagine the poor soul issued only with denims who wants to turn out to their local remembrance parade in uniform.

Green overalls fastened by Velcro at the front...get the right size and quite comfy.

There will be other remembrance Sunday's....get the basics out the way first.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
ICT Tech Auggie? Wow never knew they existed. Did the AFCO give you any info about where you could be posted? Are you full time?

Question to wider A6 - Reserve Sqn on 90? Potential to make 5Sqn an Auggie Sqn?

Surfr

LAC
ICT Tech Auggie? Wow never knew they existed. Did the AFCO give you any info about where you could be posted? Are you full time?

No, I'm a part timer. I believe there are ICT Tech reserves on 600 and 614 and possibly elsewhere. As I said, there's little to no info on the trade for reservists. Almost feel like I'm one of the first (if I get through)

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
I'm also an ICT Tech and we have never been briefed on Auggies in our trade before. Will be interesting to see if it works in the grand scheme.

Entropy

Sergeant
It does appear that more trades are being opened to us Auggies. A quick look at the available roles is showing that They are looking for techies in avionics (although only ex regs). I cannot comment on other trades but I am still out on the govt reliance on our expansion within the armed community.

Surfr

LAC
No, I'm a part timer. I believe there are ICT Tech reserves on 600 and 614 and possibly elsewhere. As I said, there's little to no info on the trade for reservists. Almost feel like I'm one of the first (if I get through)

By way of an update I've now passed PJFT and Capita med (2nd time around after ear wax and BP test was required). Im mid way through pre Halton BRTC weekends, am booked into Halton in May and I've now been booked onto a 4002 at Cosford for 2 weeks in June! Things are really shifting along now! Hoping that work don't mind me having 2 2 week training blocks only 2 weeks apart.

No idea what the 4002 entails but searching around on here implies the regulars variant is about iHubs, DII web etc.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
By way of an update I've now passed PJFT and Capita med (2nd time around after ear wax and BP test was required). Im mid way through pre Halton BRTC weekends, am booked into Halton in May and I've now been booked onto a 4002 at Cosford for 2 weeks in June! Things are really shifting along now! Hoping that work don't mind me having 2 2 week training blocks only 2 weeks apart.

No idea what the 4002 entails but searching around on here implies the regulars variant is about iHubs, DII web etc.

Nice one!

Are you really serious that they tested you for earwax??

What kind of a test of potential military prowess is that?

Have a look around the forums. They are changing!

TW

Surfr

LAC
Nice one!

Are you really serious that they tested you for earwax??

What kind of a test of potential military prowess is that?

It's a common fail by all accounts. Capita medics failing people because they are unable to inspect th ear drum unobstructed.

Highflyer

LAC
never wear a weird belt or a different hat other that is issued. You will look like a tw@t and people will avoid talking to you.

Also never mention that you were in the cadets, being in a youth club is not relevant for this job