• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll: If no other option! - RN or Army

Poll: If no other option! - RN or Army

• Royal Navy

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • British Army

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Neither. Its civvy street for me

Votes: 34 64.2%

• Total voters
After reading the thread on the case to dispand the RAF, if the GOv decided that it was to be no more, where would your loyalties lie?

Royal Navy or British Army???

:pDT_Xtremez_08:

Clearly we'd all PVR, but if thats not an option - do you prefer to live in a tin on the oggin or $hite into a bag in a trench?

Last edited:

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Poll edited to include the only sensible choice. Neither Thanks

H

HansBwix

Hmm, cocktail parties or trenches? Carribbean or Desert? natty dark blue, or slime green?, tropical whites or beige cabbage?

time to visit the oggsplosh!

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
do you prefer to live in a tin on the oggin or $hite into a bag in a trench?

We do both of those already:pDT_Xtremez_34:

I've worked with the Army and now I'm working with the Navy. Even though I get seasick, it would be the Navy without a moments hesitation.

Just don't tell the Matelots I work with though, I'll never live it down.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

M

mcdoodle

For god sake MOTRAF thats like asking if you would rather be stabbed or shot.
anway, they cant disband us, whos gonna do the marching on the generation game?

MattBombHead

Sergeant
No brainer really, i joined the RAF, and has already been said, we do both anyway.

Sorry lads, i'd be off to civvy street.

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Army/Navy

Army/Navy

In all truth it would be best to join the army I would be promoted to General from Corporal within a month instead of waiting 15+ years just to make Seargent. :pDT_Xtremez_28:
But then again where would I find a post where I can only work half the year and take that time for sport and courses :pDT_Xtremez_31:

W

wgaf

MotRAF like S2 says it's the only sensible option, I've worked with both over the years and I for one would give my pension up rather than join either one!
Think on it though, techie training is probaby going to Saints where they will carry out TRI service training, this will lead to a standardisation of capabilities(eventually), methinks the days of the RAF are numbered.

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
They have tried this approach in several other countries, New Zealand and Canada to name just two. It didn't work, amongst other things people just refused to give up their service identity. Mind you saying that, having watched everyone else try and fail at it is not going to stop our lot making the same mistake.

A

Almost_done

It is a clear case for me Civvy St here I come.

Not going to play being a part time infantry man, and I hate the idea of being in the Navy.

That was why I joined the RAF way back in 1985, guess I'm just one of the Cold War Dinosaurs that they are trying to oust.

P

Pyro Maniac

Army for me, coz I would rather get shot then be bummed to death !!!!:pDT_Xtremez_35: :pDT_Xtremez_35: :pDT_Xtremez_35:

What a choice......Army or Navy ??????

If I wanted to be in either I would have joined them in the first place, so it looks like it would be Civy street for me and they can kiss my big hairy ar$e as I leave.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
As I put in my original thread! If you have no other option... It somewhat defeats the object of the poll!

FFS

I had to add the 3rd option, because there is no way on gods earth I would have voted for one of the others. I suspect I'm not alone in this opinion, and the poll would have received hardly any votes. The fact of the matter is, if the RAF was dispanded, there will be 3 options, and the poll was edited to reflect this.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
I'll play.

I'll play.

I will play along. As I think we would all choose tescos.

I too would rather die than join either but as there is much more chance of that becoming a reality as a pongo. I choose to sail the seven seas, well maybe round the isle of wight if they only have the one inshore lifeboat by then.

I do think this should be on the NAVY site asking them which they would want to join as I see them in more trouble than us?

Stax

Flight Sergeant
At my age and rank, I would probably not be given a choice, however I would happily go to the Green Jobs as a Stacker, I would run rings around the RLC Supply guys, I'm a Super Stacker compared to them!

C

Captain Gatso

For the sack of the poll, if the worse case scenario was to happen. (looking more beleivable every day) and we had no option but choose which service. I would have to choose the Navy. At least they can think more than half the time. On a personal note, I would be in civvy street faster than a scalded cat. Leave the Goverment to there cock ups. I want no more part of Blair's fairy stories.::p:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
In all truth it would be best to join the army I would be promoted to General from Corporal within a month instead of waiting 15+ years just to make Seargent. :pDT_Xtremez_28:
But then again where would I find a post where I can only work half the year and take that time for sport and courses :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Then again, if you learnt how to spell the rank, you might make it there quicker.