• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Plantar Fasciitis

Webbo

Sergeant
Having spent this morning in A&E unable to walk due to excruciating pain in both heels I was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis, or "Policeman's Heel", so I am asking the Goat Community if anyone has suffered or is suffering from this terrible affliction and what they did/do to ease the pain.

Cheers

P.S. Stella Artois is apparently not medication according to Mrs Webbo.

G

GEM

I have suffered on and off with it for 20 years. Insoles for your shoes will ease it. I had some made by a chirpodist 4 years ago and have never suffered since.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Plantar-Fasciitis.htm

Here's a site that may be of some help.
It's something that I've had for bloomin' donkeys years (the pain in exactly that place) but the RAF docs never diagnosed it as such. :pDT_Xtremez_21:
Might have to pay a visit to my GP and see what she has to say... not that there's a lot she can do but at least it will be a diagnosis at long last.

Insoles for your shoes will ease it. I had some made by a chirpodist 4 years ago and have never suffered since.
Now there's an idea that I like the sound of. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Last edited:
G

GEM

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Plantar-Fasciitis.htm

Here's a site that may be of some help.
It's something that I've had for bloomin' donkeys years (the pain in exactly that place) but the RAF docs never diagnosed it as such. :pDT_Xtremez_21:
Might have to pay a visit to my GP and see what she has to say... not that there's a lot she can do but at least it will be a diagnosis at long last.

Now there's an idea that I like the sound of. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

I also had a session of reflexology which workedinstantly to relieve the pain.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Chuck a small coke bottle of water in the freezer.
Once frozen put it on the floor and roll your foot forwards and backwards.
Should give short term relief.
A physio can give you some good exercises to do as well as other therapies.

sparks will fly

Corporal
As said above ice bottle for relief and insoles are a must I was diagnosed last year and the insoles have done the trick but tight fisted raf would only pay for one so I need to change them every time from my no.2 to safety boots

fogducker

SAC
Ive had it for a few years now once I got a proper Dr looking at not the usual RAF quack eager to give me some brufen (not even a tubi grip I might add!!)
As previosly mentioned helps

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You need some in-steps that make your feet roll slighty to the outside as you walk...I had it in a very bad way and an Austrailian physio who shared my surname made me walk up and down the floor barefooted as he cut the wedges to turn my feet outwards...within 2 weeks everything had gone!

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
You need some in-steps that make your feet roll slighty to the outside as you walk..

That depends on your own particular pronation. What worked for you might cripple someone else.
To check your pronation (how your feet roll in or out each step) you should seek physio or foot doc advice. A quick check involving wet feet and checking your footprints can be done.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
So, when you get this "Policemans Heel" -

Do you get that Guitar Riff with it?

You know... the one on the from of The Bill!